Cardiovascular Risk Factor Control in Communities—Update From the ASH Carolinas-Georgia Chapter, the Hypertension Initiative, and the Community Physicians' Network
Article first published online: 31 JAN 2007
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 8, Issue 12, pages 879–886, December 2006
How to Cite
Egan, B. M., Lackland, D. T., Igho-Pemu, P., Hendrix, K. H., Basile, J., Rehman, S. U., Okonofua, E. C., Quarshie, A., Oduwole, A., Onwuanyi, A., Reed, J., Obialo, C. and Ofili, E. O. (2006), Cardiovascular Risk Factor Control in Communities—Update From the ASH Carolinas-Georgia Chapter, the Hypertension Initiative, and the Community Physicians' Network. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 8: 879–886. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-6175.2006.05677.x
- Issue published online: 31 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 31 JAN 2007
- Manuscript received September 29, 2006; revised October 18, 2006; accepted October 19, 2006
- 2Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome by blood pressure status: findings from two national surveys. Abstract presented at the International Society of Hypertension in Blacks Annual Meeting; July 1518, 2005; San Juan, Puerto Rico., .
- 9Prevention of coronary and stroke events with atorvastatin in hypertensive patients who have average or lower-than-average cholesterol concentrations in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trials—Lipid Lowering Arm (ASCOT-LLA): a multicenter randomized trial. Lancet. 2003;361:1149–1158., , , et al.
- 18Community Physicians Network©: a practice-based consortium to eliminate healthcare disparities. The ABC Digest of Urban Cardiology. 2004;30:25–26., , , et al.
- 19The Community Physicians' Network (CPN): an academic-community partnership to eliminate healthcare disparities. Ethn Dis. 2005;15(4 suppl 5):S5-125–S5-127., , , et al.
- 20Morehouse Community Physicians Network (CPN) hypertension registry: patterns of care and opportunities for targeted medical education. Ethn Dis. 2005;15(4 suppl 5):S5120–S5123., , , et al.
- 21The Healthy Georgia diabetes and obesity initiative. The ABC Digest of Urban Cardiology. 2005;31:11., , , et al.
- 22Ethnicity and cardiovascular risk factor treatment and control in primary care [abstract]. Ethn Dis. 2004;14(suppl 2):S2–S4., , , et al.
- 23Geographic distribution of ethnic and age-related differences in treatment and control of hypertensive dyslipidemic patients in primary care [abstract]. Ethn Dis. 2004;14:S2–S47., , .
- 24Prevalence, treatment, and control of hypertension among African Americans and Caucasians at primary care sites for medically underserved patients. Ethn Dis. 2005;15:25–32., , , et al.
- 30American Heart Association. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2001 Update. Dallas, TX: American Heart Association; 2001.