Ethnic/Racial Variations in Blood Pressure Awareness, Treatment, and Control
Article first published online: 10 MAY 2007
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 9, Issue 5, pages 345–354, May 2007
How to Cite
Giles, T., Aranda, J. M., Suh, D.-C., Choi, I.-S., Preblick, R., Rocha, R. and Frech-Tamas, F. (2007), Ethnic/Racial Variations in Blood Pressure Awareness, Treatment, and Control. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 9: 345–354. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-6175.2007.06432.x
- Issue published online: 10 MAY 2007
- Article first published online: 10 MAY 2007
- Manuscript received November 20, 2006; revised January 22, 2007; accepted February 1, 2007
- 8Cardiovascular disease costs associated with uncontrolled hypertension. Manag Care Interface. 2002;15:28–36., , , et al.
- 11Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. NHANES 1999–2000 public data release file documentation. Available at: http:www.cdc.govnchsdatanhanesgendoc. pdf. Accessed March 3, 2006.
- 12Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. NHANES 2001–2002 public data release file documentation. Available at: http:www.cdc.govnchsdatanhanesnhanes_01_02general_ data_release_doc.pdf. Accessed March 3, 2006.
- 13National Institutes of Health. Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults: the evidence report [published correction appears in Obes Res. 1998;66:464]. Obes Res. 1998;6(suppl 2):51S–209S.
- 14World Health Organization. Diet, Nutrition and the Prevention of Chronic Disease. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 1990:797.
- 15Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Anayltic guidelines. Available at: http:www.cdc.govnchsaboutmajornhanesnhanes2003-204analytical_guidelines.htm. Accessed March 3, 2006.
- 16SAS Institute Inc. SAS/STAT User's Guide, Version 8. Cary, NC: SAS Institute; 1999.
- 17RTI International. SUDAAN Language Manual, Release 9.0. Research Triangle Park, NC: RTI International; 2004.
- 20Patient adherence with amlodipine, lisinopril, or valsartan therapy in a usual-care setting. J Manag Care Pharm. 2003;9:424–429., , , et al.
- 21US Dept of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2010: Understanding and Improving Health and Objectives for Improving Health. 2nd ed. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office; 2000.
- 22Physician role in lack of awareness and control of hypertension. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2000;2:324–330., , .
- 23US Census Bureau. 2004 US interim projections by age, sex, race, and Hispanic origin. Available at: http:www.census.govipcwwwusinterimproj. Accessed February 15, 2006.