Blood Pressure and Lipid Goal Attainment in the Hypertensive Population in the Primary Care Setting in Spain
Article first published online: 10 MAY 2007
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 9, Issue 5, pages 324–329, May 2007
How to Cite
Barrios, V., Escobar, C., Calderón, A., Llisterri, J. L., Echarri, R., Alegría, E., Muñiz, J. and Matalí, A. (2007), Blood Pressure and Lipid Goal Attainment in the Hypertensive Population in the Primary Care Setting in Spain. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 9: 324–329. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-6175.2007.06481.x
- Issue published online: 10 MAY 2007
- Article first published online: 10 MAY 2007
- Manuscript received December 20, 2006; revised February 12, 2007; accepted March 1, 2007
- 4Expert Panel on Detection. Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive Summary of the Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA. 2001;285:2486–2497.
- 5Cardiovascular risk stratification in hypertensive patients attended in primary care setting and its impact on the antihypertensive treatment. The DIORISC study. Hipertensión. 2002;19:114–120., , , et al.
- 6Clinical profile of a hypercholesterolemic Spanish population and differences between genders. LIPYCARE study. Hipertensión. 2004;21:395–402., , , et al.
- 9ASCOT investigators. Prevention of coronary and stroke events with atorvastatin in hypertensive patients who have average or lower-than-average cholesterol concentrations, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Lipid Lowering Arm (ASCOT-LLA): a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2003;361:1149–1158., , , et al, for the
- 10Blood pressure control in Spanish hypertensive patients in Primary Health Care Centres. PRESCAP 2002 Study. Med Clin (Barc). 2004;122:165–171., , , et al.
- 11Blood pressure control among treated hypertensive patients by Primary Care in Spain. The 2003 Controlpres study. Hipertensión. 2005;22:5–14..
- 19Control of blood pressure in diabetic patients in primary care setting. DIAPA study. Med Clin (Barc). 2003;120:529–534., , , et al.
- 24Epidemiology of arterial hypertension in Spain. Present situation and perspectivas. Hipertensión. 2005;22:353–362..
- 25How accurately do general practitioners and students estimate coronary risk in hypercholesterolaemic patients? Prim Health Care Res Dev. 2004;5:145–152., , .
- 27Current lipid management and low cholesterol goal attainment in common daily practice in Spain. The REALITY Study. Pharmacoeconomics. 2004;22(suppl 3):1–12., , , et al.
- 28ELIPSE study investigators. Secondary prevention of ischemic heart disease in the Cuidad Real Province, Spain. Effectiveness of lipid-lowering therapy in primary health care. Med Clin (Barc). 2000;115:321–325.
- 29Barbanza study investigators. Characteristics of the patients with heart disease in a health area of A Coruna province. Barbanza 2000 study. Estudio Barbanza 2000. Rev Clin Esp. 2003;203:570–576.