Antihypertensive Efficacy of the Oral Direct Renin Inhibitor Aliskiren as Add-On Therapy in Patients Not Responding to Amlodipine Monotherapy
Article first published online: 1 OCT 2007
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 9, Issue 10, pages 742–750, October 2007
How to Cite
Drummond, W., Munger, M. A., Rafique, M., Maboudian, M., Khan, M. and Keefe, D. L. (2007), Antihypertensive Efficacy of the Oral Direct Renin Inhibitor Aliskiren as Add-On Therapy in Patients Not Responding to Amlodipine Monotherapy. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 9: 742–750. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-6175.2007.06614.x
- Issue published online: 1 OCT 2007
- Article first published online: 1 OCT 2007
- Manuscript received June 13, 2007; revised July 27, 2007; accepted August 6, 2007
- 14Prevention of cardiovascular events with an antihypertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol adding bendroflumethiazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Blood Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT-BPLA): a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2005;366(9489):895–906., , , et al.
- 15Comparison of efficacy and side effects of combination therapy of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (benazepril) with calcium antagonist (either nifedipine or amlodipine) versus high-dose calcium antagonist monotherapy for systemic hypertension. Am J Cardiol. 2000;86(11):1182–1187., , .
- 16Initial angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor/calcium channel blocker combination therapy achieves superior blood pressure control compared with calcium channel blocker monotherapy in patients with stage 2 hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2004;17(6):495–501., , , et al.
- 17Comparison of amlodipine and benazepril monotherapy to amlodipine plus benazepril in patients with systemic hypertension: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study. The Benazepril/Amlodipine Study Group. J Clin Pharmacol. 1995;35(11):1060–1066., , , et al.
- 18Comparison of the antihypertensive effects of the fixed dose combination enalapril 10 mg/nitrendipine 20 mg vs losartan 50 mg/hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg, assessed by 24-h ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, in essential hypertensive patients. J Hum Hypertens. 2004;18(3):215–222., , , et al.
- 30Aliskiren, a novel renin inhibitor, has greater BP lowering than ramipril and additional BP lowering when combined with ramipril in patients with diabetes and hypertension. J Hypertens. 2006;24(4):S82. Abstract P4.269., , , et al.