Initial Combination Therapy With Irbesartan/Hydrochlorothiazide for Hypertension: An Analysis of the Relationship Between Baseline Blood Pressure and the Need for Combination Therapy
Version of Record online: 19 DEC 2007
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 9, Issue Supplement s12, pages 15–22, December 2007
How to Cite
Franklin, S., Lapuerta, P., Cox, D. and Donovan, M. (2007), Initial Combination Therapy With Irbesartan/Hydrochlorothiazide for Hypertension: An Analysis of the Relationship Between Baseline Blood Pressure and the Need for Combination Therapy. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 9: 15–22. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-6175.2007.07808.x
- Issue online: 19 DEC 2007
- Version of Record online: 19 DEC 2007
- 5Prevention of cardiovascular events with an antihypertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol adding bendroflumethiazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Blood Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT-BPLA): a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2005;366(9489):895–906., , , et al.
- 11Treatment of hypertension in the prevention and management of ischemic heart disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council for High Blood Pressure Research and the Councils on Clinical Cardiology and Epidemiology and Prevention. Circulation. 2007;115(21):2761–2788., , , et al.
- 15Early reduction of exposure to severe blood pressure levels with irbesartan/HCTZ as first-line treatment of severe hypertension. Presented at: 16th Meeting of the European Society of Hypertension; June 1216, 2006; Madrid, Spain., .
- 22Initial therapy with irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide in black patients with severe hypertension. Presented at: National Medical Association 2007 Annual Convention and Scientific Assembly; August 49, 2007; Honolulu, HI., , , et al.
- 23Irbesartan/HCTZ as initial treatment in patients with moderate hypertension. Presented at: 16th Meeting of the European Society of Hypertension; June 1216, 2006; Madrid, Spain..
- 24Efficacy and safety of irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide as initial therapy in subgroups of patients with moderate to severe hypertension at high cardiovascular risk. Presented at: 17th Scientific Meeting of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH), June 1519, 2007; Milan, Italy. Abstract 242., , , et al.
- 25A multicenter, randomized, double-blind comparison of the efficacy and safety of irbesartan and enalapril in adults with mild to moderate essential hypertension, as assessed by ambulatory blood pressure monitoring: the MAPAVEL Study (Monitorizacion Ambulatoria Presion Arterial APROVEL). Clin Ther. 2002;24(1):126–138., , , et al.
- 29Irbesartan/HCTZ combination therapy as initial treatment for severe hypertension to achieve rapid BP control. Presented at: 16th meeting of the European Society of Hypertension; June 1216, 2006; Madrid, Spain..
- 30A comparison of the efficacy and safety of irbesartan/HCTZ combination therapy with irbesartan and HCTZ monotherapy in the treatment of moderate hypertension. J Hum Hypertens. 2007 Oct 11;[Epub ahead of print]., , , et al.
- 32Irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide fixed-dose combination is effective and well tolerated in moderate to severe (Stage 2) hypertensive patients with and without advanced age, obesity, and/or type 2 diabetes. Presented at: 22nd Meeting of the American Society of Hypertension; May 1922, 2007; Chicago, IL., , , et al.