The Importance of Prompt Blood Pressure Control
Article first published online: 14 FEB 2008
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 10, Issue Supplement s1, pages 13–19, January 2008
How to Cite
Basile, J. (2008), The Importance of Prompt Blood Pressure Control. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 10: 13–19. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-6175.2007.08027.x
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 14 FEB 2008
- 2Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. QuickStats: percentag of persons aged ≥20 years with hypertension, by race/ethnicity—United States, 1999–2002. MMWR. 2005;54:826.
- 6Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prevalence of actions to control high blood pressure—20 states, 2005. MMWR. 2007;56(17):420–423.
- 11American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Heart disease and stroke statistics-2007 update: a report from the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and the Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Circulation. 2007;115:e69–e171., , , et al, for the
- 22ASCOT Investigators. Prevention of cardiovascular events with an antihypertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol adding bendroflume-thiazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Blood Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT-BPLA): a multicentre randomized controlled trial. Lancet. 2005;366:895–906., , , et al, for the
- 23The ALLHAT Officers and Coordinators for the ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group. Major outcomes in high-risk hypertensive patients randomized to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor or calcium channel blocker vs diuretic: the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). JAMA. 2002;288:2981–2997.
- 28Treatment of hypertension in the prevention and management of ischemic heart disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council for High Blood Pressure Research and the Councils on Clinical Cardiology and Epidemiology and Prevention. Circulation. 2007;115:2761–2788., , , et al.
- 38Dual calcium channel and angiotensin II receptor blockade is superior to amlodipine or valsartan alone for optimal hypertension control. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2007;9(suppl A):A39. Abstract P-83., , , et al.
- 41Rationale and design of the avoiding cardiovascular events through combination therapy in patients living with systolic hypertension (ACCOMPLISH) trial: the first randomized controlled trial to compare the clinical outcome effects of first-line combination therapies in hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2004;17:793–801., , , et al.