Combined Therapy With a Calcium Channel Blocker and an Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor Blocker
Article first published online: 14 FEB 2008
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 10, Issue Supplement s1, pages 27–32, January 2008
How to Cite
Bakris, G. L. (2008), Combined Therapy With a Calcium Channel Blocker and an Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor Blocker. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 10: 27–32. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-6175.2007.08029.x
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 14 FEB 2008
- 20ASCOT Investigators. Prevention of cardiovascular events with an antihypertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol adding bendroflumethiazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Blood Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT-BPLA): a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2005;366:895–906., , , et al; for
- 22Study of Hypertension and the Efficacy of Lotrel in Diabetes (SHIELD) Investigators. Achieving goal blood pressure in patients with type 2 diabetes: conventional versus fixed-dose combination approaches. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2003;5:202–209., ; for
- 25Calcium channel blockers, endothelial dysfunction, and combination therapy. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2005;17(suppl):40–45., , .
- 32Two multicenter, 8-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group studies evaluating the efficacy and tolerability of amlodipine and valsartan in combination and as monotherapy in adult patients with mild to moderate essential hypertension. Clin Ther. 2007;29:563–580., , , et al.
- 33Dual calcium channel and angiotensin receptor blockade is superior to amlodipine or valsartan alone for optimal hypertension control [Abstract P-83]. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2007;9(5 suppl A):A39., , , et al.
- 36A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled factorial study evaluating the efficacy and safety of co-administration of amlodipine besylate (AML) plus olmesartan medoxomil (OM) compared to monotherapy in patients (PTS) with mild to severe hypertension (HTN) [abstract]. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2007;9:486., , , et al.
- 37Telmisartan (Micardis) and amlodipine (Norvasc) - factorial design study for the treatment of hypertension. http://clinical trials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00281580. Accessed October 10, 2007.