Presented in part at the 22nd annual meeting of the Society of General Internal Medicine, San Francisco, Calif, May 1999.
Problem Drinking and Medication Adherence Among Persons with HIV Infection
Article first published online: 9 JUN 2004
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 2, pages 83–88, February 2001
How to Cite
Cook, R. L., Sereika, S. M., Hunt, S. C., Woodward, W. C., Erlen, J. A. and Conigliaro, J. (2001), Problem Drinking and Medication Adherence Among Persons with HIV Infection. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 16: 83–88. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2001.00122.x
- Issue published online: 9 JUN 2004
- Article first published online: 9 JUN 2004
- 1Report of the NIH Panel To Define Principles of Therapy of HIV Infection. Ann Intern Med. 1998;128: 1057–78.
- 8Self-reported treatment adherence and drug/alcohol use are associated with virologic outcomes in CCTG 570: a clinical strategy trial of HIV RNA antiretroviral (ARV) monitoring. Int Conf AIDS. 1998;12: 597. Abstract., & , et al.
- 9Factors related to protease inhibitor (PI) adherence among sexually active men-who-have-sex-with-men. Int Conf AIDS. 1998;12: 1034. Abstract., , & .
- 10Adherence to protease inhibitor (PI) therapy in clinical practice: usefulness of demographics, attitudes and knowledge as predictors. Int Conf AIDS. 1998;12: 588. Abstract., , , , & .
- 11Multiple reasons for nonadherence to antiretroviral medications in an inner-city minority population: need for a multifaceted approach to improve adherence. Int Conf AIDS. 1998;12: 593. Abstract., , , , & .
- 19AUDIT: The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test: Guidelines for Use in Primary Health Care. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 1992., , & .
- 20Adherence and effectiveness of protease inhibitors in clinical practice. Fifth Annual Conference of Retroviral and Opportunistic Infections. 1998;107: 1–5., , & .
- 23HIV disease in substance abusers: treatment issues. In: SandeMA, VolberdingPA, eds. The Medical Management of AIDS. 6th ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders; 1999: 575–91..
- 32Doctors withhold H.I.V. pill regimen from some. New York Times. March 2, 1997;1,35.& .