Received from the Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research (MRP, DN, SN, ND, MH, TJW), Veterans Affairs Medical Center; Transplant Information Services (DR), Department of Surgery, and Clinical Outcomes Research Center (DR, JH), School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn; and Center for the Evaluative Clinical Sciences (ABF), Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH.
Randomized Trial Examining the Effect of Two Prostate Cancer Screening Educational Interventions on Patient Knowledge, Preferences, and Behaviors
Version of Record online: 8 JUL 2004
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 8, pages 835–842, August 2004
How to Cite
Partin, M. R., Nelson, D., Radosevich, D., Nugent, S., Flood, A. B., Dillon, N., Holtzman, J., Haas, M. and Wilt, T. J. (2004), Randomized Trial Examining the Effect of Two Prostate Cancer Screening Educational Interventions on Patient Knowledge, Preferences, and Behaviors. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 19: 835–842. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2004.30047.x
A portion of the results included in this manuscript was presented at: (1) the Sixth Annual Minnesota Health Services Research Conference, February 26, 2002, Minneapolis Minn, (2) the 21st Annual VA Health Services Research Meeting, February 2003, Washington, DC, and (3) the 24th Annual Conference on Patient Education jointly sponsored by the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine and the American Academy of Family Physicians, November 23, 2002, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Issue online: 8 JUL 2004
- Version of Record online: 8 JUL 2004
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures—2001. 5008.01. Atlanta, Ga: American Cancer Society; 2001.
- 3Office of Technology Assessment. Costs and effectiveness of prostate cancer screening in elderly men. OTA-BP-H-145. Washington DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 1995.
- 61999., , . Patient preferences in PSA screening: the impact of shared decision-making videos. Abstract presented at the 17th annual VA Health Sciences Research and Development Meeting, Washington, DC .
- 141986.Social Foundations of Thought and Action: A Social Cognitive Theory. 13th ed. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall;
- 152002., , , “The PSA Test for Prostate Cancer: Is It Right for ME?”Minneapolis, Minn: Minneapolis VA Medical Center;
- 162004;54: in press., , , et al. Measuring patient knowledge of the risks and benefits of prostate cancer screening. Patient Educ Couns.