Received from the Departments of Medicine and Community and Family Medicine (GO), Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH; VA Medical Center (GO), White River Junction, Vt; Department of Medicine (LAH), School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo; Department of Medicine (LAH, LJM), Center for Healthcare Research and Policy, MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio; Department Medicine, Section of Geriatrics (LJM), Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex; and Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Community and Family Medicine (TF), Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH.
Teaching and Assessing Resident Competence in Practice-based Learning and Improvement
Article first published online: 30 APR 2004
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 5p2, pages 496–500, May 2004
How to Cite
Ogrinc, G., Headrick, L. A., Morrison, L. J. and Foster, T. (2004), Teaching and Assessing Resident Competence in Practice-based Learning and Improvement. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 19: 496–500. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2004.30102.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2004
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2004
- 3Guidelines to Accelerate Teaching and Learning About the Improvement of Health Care. Washington DC: Community-based Quality Improvement Education for Health Professions Health Resources and Services Administration/Bureau of Health Professions; 1999: 1–23., ed.
- 4What faculty need to learn about improvement and how to teach it to others. J Interprof Care. 2000;14: 147–59., .
- 18The quality improvement knowledge application tool: an instrument to assess knowledge application in practice-based learning and improvement. J Gen Intern Med. 2003;18: 250. Abstract presented at Society of General Internal Medicine Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, May 2003., , , .
- 20Utilizing education and prompted scripts in the electronic medical record to overcome barriers of advance care planning in the outpatient setting. J Palliat Care. 2002;5: 589., , , .
- 21A controlled trial of graduate physician training in the improvement of health care: providing safe and effective outpatient anticoagulation. Paper presented at the Eighth European Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care, Bergen, Norway, May 14, 2003.J, .
- 22Continuous Profession Development—Board Recertification 2003 Program and Information Guide. American Board of Internal Medicine. Available at: http://www.abim.org/cpd/programinfo.htm#3b. Accessed November 24, 2003.
- 23The Program for Maintenance of Certification in Pediatrics. American Board of Pediatrics . Available at: http://www.abp.org/frpmcp. Accessed November 25, 2003., , .
- 24Healthy America: Practitioners for 2005. San Francisco: Pew Health Professions Commission: The Pew Charitable Trusts; 1991.
- 25Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001., ed.
- 26To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2000., , , eds.
- 27Fourth Report: Recommendations to Improve Access to Care Through Physician Workforce Reform. Rockville, Md: Council on Graduate Medical Education; 1994.
- 28Report V: Contemporary Issues in Medicine: Quality of Care. Washington, DC: Association of American Medical Colleges; 2001., chair.