Received from the Division of General Medicine and Primary Care (QNM), University of California Irvine College of Medicine, Irvine, Calif; and the Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, (ATRL, RSP), Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass.
Asian Americans’ Reports of Their Health Care Experiences
Results of a National Survey
Article first published online: 27 FEB 2004
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 111–119, February 2004
How to Cite
Ngo-Metzger, Q., Legedza, A. T. R. and Phillips, R. S. (2004), Asian Americans’ Reports of Their Health Care Experiences. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 19: 111–119. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2004.30143.x
Portions of this work were presented in part at the 13th Annual Meeting of the American Public Health Association, Philadelphia, Pa, which took place November 9–13, 2002.
- Issue published online: 27 FEB 2004
- Article first published online: 27 FEB 2004
- 1The Asian Population: 2002. Washington, DC: US Census Bureau; 2000: C2KBR/01–16., .
- 2Cancer registries and data for Asian Americans and Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders: what registrars need to know. J Registry Manage. 1999;26: 128–41 ., , , , , .
- 4Asian/Pacific Islander Consortium. Asian and Pacific Islander Americans: A Profile of Socioeconomic Characteristics—1990. San Francisco; 1992.
- 5Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Institute of Medicine Committee on Understanding and Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2002., , , eds.
- 6The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. Health Insurance Coverage in America – 1999 Data Update. Washington, DC; 2000.
- 7National Center for Health Care Statistics. Healthy People 2000 Review, 1997. Hyattsville, Md: Public Health Service; 1997.
- 8et al, eds. Racial/Ethnic Patterns of Cancer in the United States 1988–92, National Cancer Institute. NIH Pub. No. 96–4104. Bethesda, Md: NIH; 1996., , ,
- 13Diverse Communities Common Concerns: Assessing the Health Quality for Minority Americans. New York: The Commonwealth Fund; 2002., , , , , .
- 14US Bureau of Census for the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Current population survey. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Available at: http://www.bls.gov/cps/home.htm. Accessed September 2, 2003.
- 18The Definition of Quality and Approaches to its Assessment, vol. 1. Ann Arbor, Mich: Health Administration Press; 1980..
- 19Evaluating the quality of care. In: AndersenRM, RiceTH, KominskiGF, eds. Changing the US Healthcare System, 2nd edn. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 2001..
- 21SAS. Statistical Software.[computer program], Version 8.1 for Windows. Cary, NC; 1999.
- 22SUDAAN. Software for the Statistical Analysis of Correlated Data. [computer program], Version 7.5.6 for Windows. Research Triangle Park, NC; 2002.
- 27Issues affecting Asian American and Pacific American women. In: Hassey-Dow, ed. Contemporary Issues in Breast Cancer. Boston: Jones and Bartlett; 1996..