Received from the Division of Primary Care Internal Medicine (SZ, KH, DLS, AK, MDS, EP, ML) and Department of Medicine (JB), New York University School of Medicine; and Medical Education Development (EKK), New York, NY.
Measuring the Competence of Residents as Teachers
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2004
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 5p2, pages 530–533, May 2004
How to Cite
Zabar, S., Hanley, K., Stevens, D. L., Kalet, A., Schwartz, M. D., Pearlman, E., Brenner, J., Kachur, E. K. and Lipkin, M. (2004), Measuring the Competence of Residents as Teachers. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 19: 530–533. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2004.30219.x
Presented in part at the annual meeting of the Society of General Internal Medicine, May 2, 2003.
- Issue online: 30 APR 2004
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2004
- 2ACGME Outcome Project. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/outcome. 2001. Accessed March 31, 2004.
- 4Simulated students: a new method for studying clinical precepting. Teach Learn Med. 1994;6: 132–5., , , .
- 8Using standardized ambulatory teaching situations for faculty development. Teach Learn Med. 1992;4: 58–61., , .
- 10Multiple station exams and teaching exercises (MSEs) for teaching about teaching. In. ScherpbierAJJA, Van Der VleutenCPM, RethansJJ, Van Der SteegAFW, eds. Advances in Medical Education. Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers; 1997: 226–7..
- 16Residents as teachers. J Gen Intern Med. 2001;16(suppl):101., , , .
- 18A five-step ‘microskills’ model for clinical teaching. Clin Teach. 1992;5: 419–24., , , .
- 21Psychometric Theory. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1978..
- 22Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences, 2nd ed. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Earlbaum Associates; 1988..
- 23Developing methods to prepare and assess general internal medicine educators. J Gen Intern Med. 2003;18(suppl 1):102., , , , , .