Received from the Department of Medicine (BPL, ATE, BMR, YVK, KP, LGR, JAA, TMA, CAS, JPS), John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County and Rush Medical College, Chicago, Ill.
The Impact of Evidence on Physicians’ Inpatient Treatment Decisions
Article first published online: 30 APR 2004
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 5p1, pages 402–409, May 2004
How to Cite
Lucas, B. P., Evans, A. T., Reilly, B. M., Khodakov, Y. V., Perumal, K., Rohr, L. G., Akamah, J. A., Alausa, T. M., Smith, C. A. and Smith, J. P. (2004), The Impact of Evidence on Physicians’ Inpatient Treatment Decisions. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 19: 402–409. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2004.30306.x
Presented at the National Society of General Internal Medicine Meeting, May 2002 (finalist for the Milton W. Hamolsky Award).
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2004
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2004
- 2Office of Technology Assessment of the Congress of the United States. Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of Medical Technologies. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 1978.
- 3Office of Technology Assessment of the Congress of the United States. The Impact of Randomized Clinical Trials on Health Policy and Medical Practice. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 1983.
- 5What Proportion of Healthcare Is Evidence Based? Resource Guide. Available at: http://www.shef.ac.uk/~scharr/ir/percent.html . Accessed July 8, 2003.
- 15Evidence-Based Medicine. How to Practice and Teach EBM. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Churchill Livingstone; 2000., , , , .
- 17Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions. 2nd ed. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; 1981: 225–33..
- 18The Design and Analysis of Clinical Experiments. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; 1986: 14–5..
- 23… so little time, and … Evidence-Based Medicine. 1997;2: 39..