Received from the Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research (MDW, WEC, MFS, HHL, NSW) and School of Public Health (WEC, MFS, RMA), University of California, Los Angeles, Calif; RAND (MFS, NSW), Santa Monica, Calif; Department of Health Care Policy (PDC, BEL), Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass; Division of Clinical Care Research (IBW), Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Mass; and Department of Psychiatry (ND), University of California, Los Angeles, Calif. This paper was presented at the 24th Annual National Meeting for the Society of General Internal Medicine, May 2001, in San Diego, Calif.
Disparities in HIV Treatment and Physician Attitudes About Delaying Protease Inhibitors for Nonadherent Patients
Article first published online: 2 APR 2004
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 366–374, April 2004
How to Cite
Wong, M. D., Cunningham, W. E., Shapiro, M. F., Andersen, R. M., Cleary, P. D., Duan, N., Liu, H. H., Wilson, I. B., Landon, B. E., Wenger, N. S. and for the HCSUS Consortium (2004), Disparities in HIV Treatment and Physician Attitudes About Delaying Protease Inhibitors for Nonadherent Patients. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 19: 366–374. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2004.30429.x
- Issue published online: 2 APR 2004
- Article first published online: 2 APR 2004
- 15Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-infected adults and adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services and the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. Ann Intern Med. 1998;128(12 Part 2):1079–100.
- 16Panel on Clinical Practices for Treatment of HIV Infection. Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-infected Adults and Adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services. November 10, 2003. Bethesda, MD.
- 351995;29:95–110., , , Reliability and clinical validity of UM-CIDI DSM-III-R generalized anxiety disorder. J Psychiatr Res.
- 36A comparison study of multiple measures of adherence to HIV protease inhibitors. Ann Intern Med. 2001;134:968–77., , , et al.
- 37Survival Analysis Techniques for Censored and Truncated Data. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag; 1997.,
- 38The Behavior of Maximum Likelihood Estimates Under Non-Standard Conditions. Proceedings of the Fifth Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics Probability. 1967;1: 221.
- 39Bootstrap Methods and Their Application. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press; 1997.,
- 422001;93:243–50., , , et al. Antiretroviral adherence and use of alternative therapies among older HIV-infected adults. J Natl Med Assoc.
- 462001;21:28–36., , , Factors influencing physicians’ judgments of adherence and treatment decisions for patients with HIV disease. Medical Decis Making.