Dr. Ayanian is a consultant to Research Triangle Institute and DxCG, Incorporated on the development of DCG risk adjustment models. None of the other authors have potential conflicts to report.
The Association of Ambulatory Care with Breast Cancer Stage at Diagnosis Among Medicare Beneficiaries
Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2004
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 1, pages 38–44, January 2005
How to Cite
Keating, N. L., Landrum, M. B., Ayanian, J. Z., Winer, E. P. and Guadagnoli, E. (2005), The Association of Ambulatory Care with Breast Cancer Stage at Diagnosis Among Medicare Beneficiaries. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 20: 38–44. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2004.40079.x
This work was presented at the 20th annual research meeting of AcademyHealth on June 29, 2003 in Nashville, TN.
- Issue online: 27 DEC 2004
- Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2004
- Accepted for publication June 1, 2004
- 1Institute of Medicine. Care Without Coverage: Too Little Too Late. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2002.
- 2Kaiser Family Foundation. The Medicare Program: Medicare at a Glance. Washington, DC; 2004. Available at: http://www.kff.org/medicare/1066-07.cfm. Accessed November 10, 2004.
- 9SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1973-1999. Bethesda, MD, 2002: Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1973_1999/. Accessed June 14, 2002., , , et al.
- 20American Joint Committee on Cancer. AJCC Cancer Staging Manual, 5th ed. New York, NY: Springer Verlag; 1997.
- 27Direct standardization: a tool for teaching linear models for unbalanced data. Am Stat. 1982;36: 38–43.
- 31Institute of Medicine. Leadership by Example—Coordinating Government Roles in Improving Healthcare Quality. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2002.
- 33Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The Facts About Upcoming New Benefits in Medicare: Medicare Modernization Act of 2003. Publication number CMS-11054. Washington, DC: Department of Health and Human Services; 2004.
- 35Primary Care: Balancing Health Needs, Services, and Technology. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 1998.
- 36Institute of Medicine. Primary Care: America's Health in a New Era. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1996.
- 37http://www.nber.org/~confer/2001/fronts01/lichtenberg.pdf. Accessed June 14, 2002.The effects of Medicare on health care utilization and outcomes. In: Garber AM, ed. Frontiers in Health Policy Research Conference. 5 vol. Washington, DC; 2001. Available at:
- 41Linking physician characteristics and Medicare claims data: issues in data availability, quality, and measurement. Med Care. 2002;40: IV-82–IV-95., , , , ,