The authors have no conflicts of interest to report for this article or this research.
The Role of Cultural Diversity Climate in Recruitment, Promotion, and Retention of Faculty in Academic Medicine
Version of Record online: 17 JUN 2005
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 7, pages 565–571, July 2005
How to Cite
Price, E. G., Gozu, A., Kern, D. E., Powe, N. R., Wand, G. S., Golden, S. and Cooper, L. A. (2005), The Role of Cultural Diversity Climate in Recruitment, Promotion, and Retention of Faculty in Academic Medicine. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 20: 565–571. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2005.0127.x
This work was presented at the 27th Annual Meeting of the Society of General Internal Medicine on May 14, 2004 in Chicago, Ill.
- Issue online: 17 JUN 2005
- Version of Record online: 17 JUN 2005
- Received for publication September 12, 2004 and in revised form December 12, 2004 Accepted for publication February 14, 2005
- 1Institute of Medicine. Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. In: SmedleyBD, StithAY, NelsonAR, eds. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2003.
- 2Disparities in Patient Experiences, Healthcare Processes, and Outcomes: The Role of Patient–Provider Racial, Ethnic, and Language Concordance. New York, NY: The Commonwealth Fund (Publication #753); 2004.,
- 8Institute of Medicine. In the Nation's Compelling Interest: Ensuring Diversity in the Health Care Workforce. In: SmedleyBD, ButlerAS, BristowLR, eds. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2004.
- 9Association of American Medical Colleges. “Underrepresented in medicine definition.”http://www.aamc.org/meded/urm/start.htm. Accessed September 18, 2004.
- 20U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Reports, P60-226, Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2003. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 2004., ,
- 23Race, gender, and opportunity: a study of compensation attainment and the establishment of mentoring relationships. J Appl Psychol. 1996;81: 97–308.,
- 25Making differences matter: a new paradigm for managing diversity. Harvard Bus Rev. 1996;74: 79–90.,