A 2020 Vision of Patient-Centered Primary Care
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2005
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 10, pages 953–957, October 2005
How to Cite
Davis, K., Schoenbaum, S. C. and Audet, A.-M. (2005), A 2020 Vision of Patient-Centered Primary Care. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 20: 953–957. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2005.0178.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2005
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2005
- Received for publication August 9, 2004 and in revised form January 15, 2005, and April 5, 2005 Accepted for publication April 18, 2005
- 1Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century, Vol. 6. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001.
- 3Through the Patient's Eyes: Understanding and Promoting Patient-Centered Care. San Francisco, Calif: Jossey-Bass; 1993., , ,
- 5Escape Fire. New York: The Commonwealth Fund; 2002.
- 6Use of a patient-accessible medical record in a practice for congestive heart failure: patient and physician experiences. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2004;11: 410–7., , , ,
- 7Providing an online medical record to patients with congestive heart failure: a randomized trial. J Med Internet Res. 2004;6: el 2., , , ,
- 8Physicians' Views on Quality of Care: Findings from the Commonwealth Fund National Survey of Physicians and Quality of Care. New York: The Commonwealth Fund; 2005., , ,
- 9How's Your Health? What You Can do to Make Your Health and Health Care Better. New Hampshire: FNX Corporation; 2005.,
- 10Recommendations for Improving the Quality of Physician Directory Information on the Internet. New York: The Commonwealth Fund; 2004., ,
- 11The Institute of Medicine Report. A manpower policy for primary health care: a commentary from the American College of Physicians. Introduction and discussion. Ann Intern Med. 1980;84: 843–51.
- 12Institute of Medicine. Primary Care: America's Health in a New Era. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1996.
- 13Primary Care: Balancing Health Needs, Services, and Technology. New York: Oxford University Press; 1999.
- 14The Future of Primary Care. San Francisco, Calif: Jossey-Bass; 2004., ,
- 15Primary care performance: views from the patient. In: ShowstackJ, RothmanAA, HassmillerSB, eds. The Future of Primary Care. San Francisco, Calif: Jossey-Bass; 2004: 17–39.
- 17Future of Family Medicine Project Leadership Committee. The future of family medicine: a collaborative project of the family medicine community. Ann Fam Med. 2004;2 (suppl 1): S3–32.
- 18American Academy of Pediatrics, Medical Home Initiatives for Children with Special Needs Project Advisory Committee. The medical home. Pediatrics. 2003;110: 184–6.
- 25The effects of promoting patient access to medical records: a review. JAMA. 2003;10: 129–38.,
- 26Measuring patients' experiences with individual physicians. J Gen Intern Med (abstract). 2004;19 (suppl): 177., , , et al.
- 28Achieving a New Standard in Primary Care for Low-Income Populations: Case Studies of Redesign and Change Through a Learning Collaborative. New York: The Commonwealth Fund; 2004.,
- 30Quality incentives: the case of U.K. general practitioners. Health Affairs (Milwood). 2004;23: 112–8.,
- 31Paying for quality: providers' incentives for quality improvement. Health Affairs (Milwood). 2004;23: 127–41., , ,
- 37Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). AHRQ Health Information Technology Programs. Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov/research/hitfact.htm. Accessed April 4, 2005.