The authors have no conflicts of interest to report. An earlier version of this article was presented at the 2002 American Geriatrics Society meeting, Washington, DC.
Drawing Clocks and Driving Cars
Use of Brief Tests of Cognition to Screen Driving Competency in Older Adults
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2005
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 3, pages 240–244, March 2005
How to Cite
Freund, B., Gravenstein, S., Ferris, R., Burke, B. L. and Shaheen, E. (2005), Drawing Clocks and Driving Cars. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 20: 240–244. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2005.40069.x
- Issue published online: 13 APR 2005
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2005
- Accepted for publication July 1, 2004
- 9Clock Drawing: A Neuropsychological Analysis. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 1994: 3–8., , , et al. In:
- 19Age differences in divided attention in a simulated driving task. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 1988;43: 151–6., ,
- 23Simulated driving performance associated with mild cognitive impairment in older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2001;49: S151–S152., , , et al.
- 26Clock Drawing Test (CDT) may predict on-road driving performance. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2001;48: S113., , , et al.
- 27Use of the Clock Drawing Test as a screen for driving competency in older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2002;50: S3., ,
- 28Physician's Guide for Assessing and Counseling Older Drivers. Washington, DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration; 2003., , ,