Health Care Market Trends and the Evolution of Hospitalist Use and Roles
Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2005
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 101–107, February 2005
How to Cite
Pham, H. H., Devers, K. J., Kuo, S. and Berenson, R. (2005), Health Care Market Trends and the Evolution of Hospitalist Use and Roles. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 20: 101–107. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2005.40184.x
- Issue online: 1 APR 2005
- Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2005
- Accepted for publication July 1, 2004
- 2The Society of Hospital Medicine. The Major Hospitalist Professional Organization, Has over 4000 Members and Estimates at Least 8000 Hospitalists Were Practicing in 2003. Available at: http://www.hospitalmedicine.org/presentation/apps/indlist/intro.asp?area=mediacenter&flag=13. Accessed October 16, 2003.
- 11Qualitative Research and Evaluation Methods, 3rd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications; 2002.
- 17Medical Malpractice Liability Meets Markets: Stress in Unexpected Places, Issue Brief No. 69. Washington, DC: Center for Studying Health System Change; 2003., , .
- 18Factsheet: ICU Physician Staffing, The Leapfrog Group, Washington, DC. Available at: http://www.leapfroggroup.org/media/file/Leapfrog-ICU_Physician_Staffing_Fact_Sheet.pdf. Accessed December 2, 2003.
- 21HMOs Alive and Well in Orange County, Community Report No. 9. Washington, DC: Center for Studying Health System Change; 2003., , , et al.
- 22Population Growth, Economic Downturn Stress Phoenix's Healthcare Capacity, Community Report No. 10. Washington, DC: Center for Studying Health System Change; 2003., , , et al.
- 23Premium Hikes and Malpractice Insurance Disrupt Miami Healthcare Market, Community Report No. 11. Washington, DC: Center for Studying Health System Change; 2003., , , et al.
- 24Practice Profiles, Society of Hospital Medicine website. Available at: http://www.hospitalmedicine.org/presentation/apps/publications/practiceprofiles.pdf. Accessed November 4, 2003.
- 26Table CO-EST2002-01-04—Arizona County Population Estimates: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2002. Population Division, U.S. Census Bureau. Release Date: April 17, 2003. Available at: http://www.census.gov/popest/archives/1990s/MA-99-01.txt. Accessed February 25, 2004.
- 27American Medical Association. Physician Characteristics and Distribution in the U.S., Division of Survey and Data Resources. Chicago, IL: American Medical Association; 2001 and prior editions.
- 28Keeping the Doctor Away: What Makes Arizona Unattractive to Physicians, Arizona Issue Analysis 165. Phoenix, AZ: The Goldwater Institute; 2001.,