The authors have no conflicts of interest to report.
A Constructive Reframing
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2006
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue S1, pages S3–S8, January 2006
How to Cite
Beach, M. C., Inui, T. and and the Relationship-Centered Care Research Network (2006), Relationship-centered Care. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21: S3–S8. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00302.x
*The members of the Relationship-Centered Care Research Network are: Richard Frankel, Judith Hall, Paul Haidet, Debra Roter, Howard Beckman, Lisa A. Cooper, William Miller, Dave Mossbarger, Dana Safran, Dave Sluyter, Howard Stein, and Penny Williamson.
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2006
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2006
- Received for publication August 29, 2005 and in revised form September 13, 2005 Accepted for publication September 13, 2005
- 1Pew-Fetzer Task Force on Advancing Psychosocial Health Education. Health Professions Education and Relationship-Centered Care. San Francisco: Pew Health Professions Commission; 1994.
- 2Association of American Medical Colleges. Learning Objectives for Medical Student Education: Guidelines for Medical Schools. Washington, DC: Medical School Objectives Project. Available at: http://www.aamc.org/meded/msop/msop1.pdf Accessed March 7, 2005.
- 8Patient-Centered Medicine: Transforming the Clinical Method. London: Sage; 1995., , , , ,
- 10Committee on Quality Health Care in America. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academics Press; 2001.
- 14From Detached Concern to Empathy: Humanizing Medical Practice. New York: Oxford University Press; 2001.
- 17The expression of emotion through nonverbal behaviour in medical visits: mechanisms and outcomes. J Gen Intern Med. 2006;21: S28–S34., , , .
- 18Aristotle. Books VIII–IX, In: RossWD, (trans.), ed. Nicomachean Ethics. London: Clarendon Press; 1952.
- 19What Are Friends For? Feminist Perspectives on Personal Relationships and Moral Theory. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press; 1993.
- 22Relationship-centered administration. In: FrankelR, QuillT, McDanielS, eds. Biopsychosocial Care. Rochester, NY: University of Rochester Press; 2003., , ,
- 23Committee on Behavioral and Social Sciences in Medical School Curricula. Improving Medical Education: Enhancing the Behavioral and Social Science Content of Medical School Curricula. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2004.