The authors have no conflicts of interest to report.
A New Theoretical Foundation for Relationship-centered Care
Complex Responsive Processes of Relating
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2006
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue S1, pages S40–S44, January 2006
How to Cite
Suchman, A. L. (2006), A New Theoretical Foundation for Relationship-centered Care. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21: S40–S44. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00308.x
This work is presented at the Regenstrief Symposium on Health Services Research, September 29, 2004.
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2006
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2006
- Accepted for publication September 13, 2005
- 1Tresolini CP and the Pew-Fetzer Task Force. Health Professions Education and Relationship-Centered Care. San Francisco, CA: Pew Health Professions Commission; 1994.
- 2Greater Than the Parts: Holism in Biomedicine 1920–50. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press; 1998.,
- 4Patient-Centered Medicine: Transforming the Clinical Method. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications; 1995., , ,
- 6The Biopsychosocial Approach: Past, Present and Future. Rochester, NY: University of Rochester Press; 2003., ,
- 7The biopsychosocial model 25 years later: principles, practice, and scientific inquiry. Ann Fam Med. 2004;2: 576–82., ,
- 8Skills for Communicating with Patients. 2nd ed. Abingden, Oxon, UK: Radcliffe Medical Press; 2004., ,
- 9Complex Responsive Process in Organizations: Learning and knowledge Creation. London: Routledge; 2001.
- 10Complexity in Group Processes: A Radically Social Understanding of Individuals. Hove, UK: Brunner-Routledge; 2003.
- 11The familiar and the strange: Hopfield network models for prototype-entrained attachment-mediated neurophysiology. Soc Perspectives Emotion. 1999;5: 213–45., ,
- 12Mind, Self and Society. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press; 1962.
- 13The First Five Minutes. Ithaca, NY: Paul Martineau; 1960., ,
- 14Communicational Structure: Analysis of a Psychotherapy Transaction. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press; 1971.