The authors have no conflicts of interest to report.
Physician Board Certification and the Care and Outcomes of Elderly Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction
Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2006
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 238–244, March 2006
How to Cite
Chen, J., Rathore, S. S., Wang, Y., Radford, M. J. and Krumholz, H. M. (2006), Physician Board Certification and the Care and Outcomes of Elderly Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21: 238–244. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00326.x
The JGIM Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement was provided on page 2 of the original submission.
Dr. Radford is now with the New York University Medical Center, New York, NY.
- Issue online: 28 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2006
- Manuscript received January 4, 2005 , Initial editorial decision March 18, 2005 , Final acceptance October 13, 2005
- 9American Medical Association. Physician Characteristics and Distribution in the US. 2004 Edn. Chicago, IL: AMA Press; 2004.
- 14ACC/AHA guidelines for the management of patients with acute myocardial infarction: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Committee on Management of Acute Myocardial Infarction). J Am Coll Cardiol. 1996;28: 1328–428., , , et al.
- 15Linking physician characteristics and Medicare claims data: issues in data availability, quality, and measurement. Med Care. 2002;40: 82–95., , , , ,
- 17Data sources and implications: administrative data bases. In: IezzoniLI, ed. Risk Adjustment for Measuring Health Outcomes. Ann Arbor: Health Administration Press; 1994: 122–75.
- 18American Hospital Association. The Annual Survey of Hospitals Database: Documentation for 1994 Data. Chicago, IL: American Hospital Association; 1994.
- 30ISIS-2 (Second International Study of Infarct Survival) Collaborative Group. Randomised trial of intravenous streptokinase, oral aspirin, both, or neither among 17,187 cases of suspected acute myocardial infarction: ISIS-2. Lancet. 1988;2: 349–60.