The authors have no conflicts of interest to report.
Indications for and Utilization of ACE Inhibitors in Older Individuals with Diabetes
Findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999 to 2002
Version of Record online: 12 APR 2006
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 4, pages 315–319, April 2006
How to Cite
Rosen, A. B. (2006), Indications for and Utilization of ACE Inhibitors in Older Individuals with Diabetes. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21: 315–319. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00351.x
- Issue online: 3 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 12 APR 2006
- Manuscript received July 5, 2005Initial editorial decision August 31, 2005Final acceptance November 3, 2005
- 3Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey. Self-reported health conditions and risk factors of Medicare beneficiaries, by age and gender, 2000. Available at: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MCBS/CMSsrc/2000/sec2.pdf. Accessed April 12, 2004.
- 11ACE Inhibitors in Diabetic Nephropathy Trialist Group. Should all patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus and microalbuminuria receive angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors? A meta-analysis of individual patient data. Ann Intern Med. 2001;134:370–9.
- 14Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation (HOPE) Study Investigators. Effects of ramipril on cardiovascular and microvascular outcomes in people with diabetes mellitus: results of the HOPE study and MICRO-HOPE substudy. Lancet. 2000;355:253–9.
- 15for the CAPPP Study Group. Reduced cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in hypertiensive diabetic patients on first-line therapy with an ACE inhibitor compared with a diuretic/[beta]-blocker-based treatment regimen: a subanalysis of the Captopril prevention project. Diab Care. 2001;24:2091–6., , , ,
- 21Diabetic nephropathy. Clin Evid. 2005;13:149–54.
- 22Screening and management of microalbuminuria in patients with diabetes mellitus: recommendations to the scientific advisory board of the national kidney foundation from an ad hoc committee of the council on diabetes mellitus of the national kidney foundation. Am J Kidney Dis. 1995;25:107–12., , , et al.
- 23American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care for patients with diabetes mellitus. Diab Care. 1997;20 (supp 1):S5–S13.
- 24Heart failure: evaluation and care of patents with left-ventricular systolic dysfunction. In: MA Konstam, ed. Clinical Practice Guideline No. 11. Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Policy & Research; 1994., , , et al.
- 25American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care in diabetes. Diab Care. 2005;28 (suppl 1):S4–S36.
- 27NHANES 1999–2000 Data Release. Prescription medication subsection of dietary supplements and prescription medication section. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/frequency/rxq_rxdoc.pdf Accessed October 4, 2005.
- 28NHANES 2001–2002 Data Documentation: April 2005. Prescription medication subsection of dietary supplements and prescription medication section. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/nhanes_01_02/rxq_rx_b_doc.pdf Accessed October 4, 2005.
- 31NHANES. NHANES analytic guidelines: June 2004 version. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/nhanes_general_june_04.pdf. Accessed March 3, 2005.
- 35A word from WIPRO: improving use of ACE inhibitors in diabetic nephropathy. Wisc Med J 1996:588–9.
- 43National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The state of managed care quality, 2001. Available at: http://www.ncqa.org/somc2001/diabetes/cdc6_datx.html. Accessed September 12, 2002.