Using Complexity Theory to Build Interventions that Improve Health Care Delivery in Primary Care
Article first published online: 24 MAR 2006
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue S2, pages S30–S34, February 2006
How to Cite
Litaker, D., Tomolo, A., Liberatore, V., Stange, K. C. and Aron, D. (2006), Using Complexity Theory to Build Interventions that Improve Health Care Delivery in Primary Care. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21: S30–S34. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00360.x
- Issue published online: 24 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 24 MAR 2006
- 5Continuous quality improvement. Concepts and applications for physician care. JAMA. 1992;267: 55–6.,
- 7Successful patient safety initiatives: driven from within. Group Pract J. 2001;50: 1–5.
- 11Measurement of health outcomes in treatment effectiveness evaluations: conceptual and methodological challenges. Med Care. 2000;38 (suppl): 14–25.,
- 12TQM, chaos, and complexity. Human Syst Manag. 1995;14: 287–302., ,
- 14Complexity and the adoption of innovation in health care. In: Accelerating Quality Improvement in Health Care-Strategies to Speed the Diffusion of Evidence-Based Innovations. Washington, DC, USA, 2003 Available at: http://www.nihcm.org/plsek.pdf. Accessed September 19, 2005.
- 16Simplifying complexity: a review of complexity theory. Geoform. 2001;32: 405–14.
- 17What is complexity science really? Emergence. 2003;3: 120–36.
- 18Complexity and Healthcare Organization: A View from the Street. Oxford, UK: Radcliffe Publishing; 2004.
- 19The Fractal Geometry of Nature. San Francisco: W.H. Freeman and Co.; 1982.
- 20Fractals and Chaos Simplified for the Life Sciences. New York: Oxford University Press; 1998.
- 21Chaos, complexity and cardiology. In: HoltT, ed. Complexity for Clinicians. Oxford, UK: Radcliffe Press; 2004.
- 25The Origins of Order. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press; 1993.
- 26Mapping the Science of Complexity onto Organizations. Complexity and Creativity in Organizations. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler; 1996: 107–17.
- 28How complexity science can inform a reflective process for improvement in primary care practices. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2005;31: 438–46., , , , ,
- 41Physician and staff turnover in community primary care practice. J Ambulatory Care Manag. 2004;27: 242–8., , ,