Is the Quality of the Patient-Provider Relationship Associated with Better Adherence and Health Outcomes for Patients with HIV?
Version of Record online: 31 MAY 2006
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 6, pages 661–665, June 2006
How to Cite
Beach, M. C., Keruly, J. and Moore, R. D. (2006), Is the Quality of the Patient-Provider Relationship Associated with Better Adherence and Health Outcomes for Patients with HIV?. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21: 661–665. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00399.x
- Issue online: 31 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 MAY 2006
- Manuscript received July 21, 2005Initial editorial decision October 4, 2005Final acceptance December 15, 2005
- 2Committee on Quality Health Care in America. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001.
- 10Physician estimates of adherence and the patient-physician relationship as a setting to improve adherence to antiretroviral therapy. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2002;31 (Suppl 3):158–S162., , , et al.
- 11Adherence to antiretroviral therap: where are we, and where do we go from here? J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2002;31 (Suppl 3):95–S97., ,
- 13Quality care for people with HIV/AIDS: patients' perspectives. HIV Clin Trials. 2004;5:406–15., , , ,
- 18Understanding the clinical and economic outcomes of HIV therapy: the Johns Hopkins HIV clinical practice cohort. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1998;17 (Suppl 1):38–S41.
- 19U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents. [cited 2005 Apr. 13]; Available from URL: http://aidsinfo.nih.gov
- 20Self-reported adherence to antiretroviral medications among participants in HIV clinical trials: the AACTG adherence instruments. Patient care committee & adherence working group of the outcomes committee of the adult AIDS clinical trials group (AACTG). AIDS Care. 2000;12:255–66., , , et al.