Previously presented at the annual meeting of North American Primary Care Research Group, October 2004.
Racial Similarities in Response to Standardized Offer of Influenza Vaccination
A MetroNet Study
Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2006
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 4, pages 346–351, April 2006
How to Cite
Schwartz, K. L., Neale, A. V., Northrup, J., Monsur, J., Patel, D. A., Tobar, R. and Wortley, P. M. (2006), Racial Similarities in Response to Standardized Offer of Influenza Vaccination. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21: 346–351. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00401.x
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the funding agency.
- Issue online: 3 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2006
- Manuscript received October 21, 2005Initial editorial decision December 5, 2005Final acceptance December 21, 2005
- 3Influenza vaccine effectiveness in preventing hospitalizations and deaths in persons 65 years and older in Minnesota, New York, and Oregon: data from 3 health plans. J Infect Dis 2001;184:665–70., , , et al.
- 4Prevention and Control of Influenza. Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. MMWR 53; 1–40, 2004. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5306a1.htm. Accessed December 16, 2005.
- 5Medicare. Preventive services/ Flu information. Important information about Medicare payment for flu shots. Available at: http://www.medicare.gov/Health/flu.asp. Accessed December 16, 2005.
- 6Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Early release of selected estimates based on data from the 2003 National Health Interview Survey. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhis/earlyrelease/200406_04.pdf. Accessed December 15, 2005.
- 7Healthy People 2010. 2nd edn. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 2000.
- 9Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Behavioral risk factor surveillance system prevalence data. Available at: http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/brfss. Accessed December 16, 2005.
- 18Racial differences in influenza vaccination among older Americans 1996–2000: longitudinal analysis of the Health and Retirement Study (HRS) and the Asset and Health Dynamics Among the Oldest (AHEAD) survey. BMC Public Health. 2003;3:41., , , ,
- 23Associated Press. Flu season starting early and strong. Available at: http://msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3475851&p1=0. Accessed December 16, 2005.
- 29Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Early release of selected estimates based on data from the 2004 National Health Interview Survey. CDC. Accessed August 22, 2005.
- 30Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2003., ,