No conflicts of interest to declare.
Perceived Needs for Geriatric Education by Medical Students, Internal Medicine Residents and Faculty
Article first published online: 22 AUG 2006
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 12, pages 1230–1234, December 2006
How to Cite
Drickamer, M. A., Levy, B., Irwin, K. S. and Rohrbaugh, R. M. (2006), Perceived Needs for Geriatric Education by Medical Students, Internal Medicine Residents and Faculty. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21: 1230–1234. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00585.x
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 22 AUG 2006
- Manuscript received May 2, 2005Initial editorial decision December 1, 2005Final acceptance June 19, 2006
- 1The Education Committee Writing Group of the American Geriatrics Society. Core competencies for the care of older patients: recommendations of the American geriatrics society. Acad Med. 2000;75:252–5.
- 4Curriculum recommendations for resident training in nursing home care. A collaborative effort of the society of general internal medicine task force on geriatric medicine, the society of teachers of family medicine geriatrics task force, the American medical directors association, and the American geriatrics society education committee. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1994;42:1200–1.,
- 8What residents want to know about geriatrics: an approach to curriculum development. Gerontol Geriatr Ed. 1999;20:19–35., , , et al.
- 11QSR International Pty Ltd. NVivo Qualitative Data Analysis Program Version 6.0. Melbourne, Australia: QSR International Pty Ltd.; 2002.
- 14Effects of geriatric education on the attitudes of medical students. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1983;41:435–8., ,