The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.
Revisiting Literacy and Adherence: Future Clinical and Research Directions
Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2006
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 12, pages 1341–1342, December 2006
How to Cite
Powers, B. J. and Bosworth, H. B. (2006), Revisiting Literacy and Adherence: Future Clinical and Research Directions. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21: 1341–1342. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00633.x
The views expressed in this editorial are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Issue online: 8 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2006
- 1Adult Literacy in America: A First Look at the Findings of the National Adult Literacy Survey. Washington, DC: National Center for Education Statistics, US Dept of Education; 1993., , , et al.
- 2The Committee on Health Literacy, Board of Neuroscience and Behavioral Health, Institute of Medicine. Health Literacy: A Prescription to End Confusion. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2004., ,
- 3Ad Hoc committee on health literacy for the council on scientific affairs: health literacy: report of the council on scientific affairs. JAMA. 1999;281:552–7.
- 4Health literacy: a national priority. J Gen Intern Med. 2006;21:803.