None of the authors have any conflicts of interest to declare.
Spirituality and Religion in Patients with HIV/AIDS
Version of Record online: 30 OCT 2006
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue S5, pages S5–S13, December 2006
How to Cite
Cotton, S., Puchalski, C. M., Sherman, S. N., Mrus, J. M., Peterman, A. H., Feinberg, J., Pargament, K. I., Justice, A. C., Leonard, A. C. and Tsevat, J. (2006), Spirituality and Religion in Patients with HIV/AIDS. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21: S5–S13. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00642.x
- Issue online: 30 OCT 2006
- Version of Record online: 30 OCT 2006
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A glance at the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/PUBS/Facts/At-A-Glance.htm. Accessed August 22, 2005.
- 4Struggling for meaning: how HIV-positive gay men make sense of AIDS. Prof Psych: Res Pract. 1993;24:483–90.
- 5AIDS: The Spiritual Dilemma. New York: Harper and Row Publishers; 1987.
- 9Handbook of Religion and Health. New York: Oxford University Press; 2001., ,
- 17The Continuing Challenge of AIDS: Clergy Responses to Patients, Families, and Friends. Westport: Auburn House; 2002.,
- 19Spirituality and quality of life in HIV-positive persons. J Cult Divers. 2006;13:113–8.
- 30Measuring the functional components of social support. In: SarasonI, SarasonB, eds. Social Support: Theory, Research, and Applications. The Hague, The Netherlands: Martinus Nijhoff; 1985:73–94., , ,
- 31Measuring Social Psychological Attitudes. Ann Arbor: Institute for Social Research; 1969.,
- 34The CES-D scale: a self-report depression scale for research in the general population. Appl Psychol Meas. 1977;1:385–401.
- 42Religious coping among the religious: the relationships between religious coping and well-being in a national sample of Presbyterian clergy, elders, and members. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion. 2001;40:497–514., , ,
- 44Spirituality and psychological adaptation among women with HIV/AIDS: implications for counseling. Journal of Counseling Psychology. 2002;49:139–47., ,
- 48Meaning in the context of stress and coping. Rev Gen Psychol. 1997;1:115–44.,
- 49JCAHO Spiritual Assessments. Available at: http://www.jcaho.org/accredited+organizations/behavioral+health+care/standards/faqs/provision+of+care/assessment/spiritual+assessment+.htm. Accessed July 14, 2005.