From Biodiversity to Ecodiversity: A Landscape-Ecology Approach to Conservation and Restoration
Article first published online: 7 APR 2006
Volume 2, Issue 3, pages 180–189, September 1994
How to Cite
Naveh, Z. (1994), From Biodiversity to Ecodiversity: A Landscape-Ecology Approach to Conservation and Restoration. Restoration Ecology, 2: 180–189. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-100X.1994.tb00065.x
- Issue published online: 7 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 7 APR 2006
- 1992. Conceptual problems in connection with “applied monitoring” of a dynamic agricultural mosaic using detailed spatial landscape database. Pages 1–17 in Ecosystem classification for environmental policy and conservation. Proceedings of a Workshop, Leiden , The Netherlands , December 17–18. , , and .
- 1989. Recent changes of the mosaic patterns in a montane landscape (North Italy) and consequences on vertebrate fauna. Pages 121–134 in J.Baudry and R. G. H.Bunce, editors. Land abandonment and its role in conservation. Proceedings of the Zaragossa/Spain Seminar December 10–12. Options Méditerraneénnes Series A, 15.
- 1991. Ecological consequences of the abandonement of traditional land use systems in central Spain. Pages 23–29 in J.Baudry and R. G. H.Bunce, editors. Land abandonement and its role in conservation. Proceedings of the Zaragossa/Spain Seminar December 10–12. Options Méditerraneénnes Series A, 15.
- 1992. Earth in balance: forging a new common purpose. Earthwatch Publisher, London , England .
- 1993. Threatened Mediterranean landscapes: West Crete. Final Report to European Community. Department of Geography, University of Cambridge, Cambridge , England . , , , , , and .
- 1990. Using landscape ecology in planning and management. Pages 217–232 in I. S.Zonneveld and R. T. T.Forman, editors. Changing landscapes: an ecological perspective. Springer-Verlag, New York .
- 1991. Spatial components of biotic diversity in landscapes of Georgia, USA. Landscape Ecology 5:125–136. , and .
- 1974. Vegetation Suedosteuropas. Gustav Fischer Verlag, Suttgart , Germany . , , and
- International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources-The World Conservation Movement/World Wildlife Fund/United Nations Environmental Program 1991. Caring for the earth: a strategy for sustainable living. Gland , Switzerland .
- 1992. Responses of Mediterranean grassland plants to gazelle grazing. Pages 75–79 in C. A.Thanos, editors. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Mediterranean Climate Ecosystems, September 23–27, 1991. University of Athens, Athens , Greece .
- 1991. The first global revolution. From the problematique to the resolutique, a ‘blueprint for the twenty-first century’ by the Council of the Club of Rome. Pantheon Books, New York . , and
- 1992. Protected landscapes: a guide for policy makers and planners. Chapman & Hall, London , England .
- 1992. Beyond the limits: global collapse or a sustainable future? Earthscan Publications Limited, London , England . , , and .
- 1979. The sinking ark. Pergamon Press, Oxford , England .
- 1984. The vegetation of the Carmel and Nahal Sefunim and the evolution of the cultural landscape. Pages 23–63 in A.Ronen. The Sefunim prehistoric sites, Mount Carmel Israel. BAR International Series 2310, Oxford , England .
- 1991a. Biodiversity and ecological heterogeneity of Mediterranean uplands. Economia Montana—Linea Ecologica 24:47–60.
- 1991b. Mediterranean uplands as anthropogenic perturbation dependent systems and their dynamic conservation management. Pages 544–556 in O. A.Ravera editor. Terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems, perturbation and recovery. Ellis Horwood, New York .
- 1993. Introduction to the symposium on Redbooks for threatened Mediterranean landscapes. Landscape and Urban Planning 24:241–247.
- 1994. Biodiversity and landscape management. Pages 187–207 in K. C.Kim and R. D.Weaver, editors. Biodiversity and landscapes: a paradox of humanity. Cambridge University Press, New York .
- 1973. The human degradation of Mediterranean landscapes in Israel. Pages 370–390 in F.diCastri and H. A.Mooney, editors. Mediterranean-type ecosystems: origin and structure. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg , Germany . , and .
- 1990. Changes in vegetation in the Mediterranean basin in response to human habitation. Pages 259–300 in G.Woodwell, editors. The impoverishment of the biosphere. Cambridge University Press, New York . , and .
- 1993. Landscape ecology theory and application. 2nd edition. Springer-Verlag, New York . , and .
- 1979. Structural and floristic diversity of shrublands and woodlands in northern Israel and other Mediterranean areas. Vegetatio 41:171–190. , and .
- 1986. Natural selection of allozyme polymorphism: a microsite test revealing ecological genetic differentiation in wild barley. Evolution 40:13–22. , , , , , and .
- 1987. Why preserve natural variety. Princeton University Press, Princeton , New Jersey .
- 1991. The effect of grazing on the herbaceous Mediterranean vegetation and its implications on the management of nature reserves. Interim Report to the Nature Conservation Authorities, Jerusalem , Israel (In Hebrew). , and .
- 1982. Fire and landscape diversity in subalpine forests of Yellowstone National Park. Ecological Monographs 52:199–221.
- 1985. Conservation of plants within their native ecosystems. Pages 197–219 in C.Gomez-Campo, editors. Plant conservation in the Mediterranean. Junk, The Hague , The Netherlands .
- 1992. Saving our planet: challenges and hope. Chapman & Hall, London , England .
- 1980. The ecological factors that produce perturbation-dependent ecosystems. Pages 63–94 in J.Cairns, Jr., editor. The recovery process in damaged ecosystems. Ann Arbor Science Publisher, Ann Arbor , Michigan .
- 1992. Vanishing Tuscan landscapes: landscape ecology of a submediterranean-Montane area (Solano Basis), Tuscany, Italy. Pudoc Scientific Publishers, Wageningen , the Netherlands . , and .
- 1975. A catastrophe theory of evolution: the evolution of an evolutionist. Cornell University Press, Ithaca , New York .
- 1977. Plant and animal species diversity along environmental gradients in a Mediterranean landscape of Israel. Animal species diversity. Research Report 450. Binational Israel—American Science Foundation. Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa , Israel .
- 1978. Rodent species diversity in mesic and xeric habitats in the Mediterranean region of northern Israel. Journal of Arid Environment 1:63–69. , , and .
- 1965. Dominance and diversity in land plant communities. Taxon 21(2/3):213–251.