From the Pain Clinic, Hospital das Clínicas Federal, University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil (Drs. Gomes, Pedras, and Silva); Department of Surgery, School of Medicine - Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil (Dr. Silva); Department of Oral Pathology and Surgery, School of Dentistry Federal, University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil (Dr. Aguiar).
Sympathetic Nerve Blocks in Mandibular Herpes Zoster and Postherpetic Neuralgia
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 47, Issue 5, pages 728–730, May 2007
How to Cite
Gomes, R. T., De Nazareth Pedras, R. B., Da Silva, J. F. and De Aguiar, M. C. F. (2007), Sympathetic Nerve Blocks in Mandibular Herpes Zoster and Postherpetic Neuralgia. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 47: 728–730. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2007.00795_3.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Accepted for publication December 28, 2006.
- 1Factors influencing the duration of treatment of acute herpetic pain with sympathetic nerve block: Importance of severity of herpes zoster assessed by the maximum antibody titers to varicella-zoster virus in otherwise healthy patients. Pain. 1988;32:147-157., , , .
- 2Relationship between time of treatment of acute herpes zoster with sympathetic blockade and prevention of post-herpetic neuralgia: Clinical support for a new theory of the mechanism by which sympathetic blockade provides therapeutic benefit. Reg Anesth. 1993;18:277-282., .
- 12Sympathetic block: Thoracic and lumbar. Tech Reg Anesth Pain Manag. 2005;9:91-96., , .