Drs. Harpole and Kori are now with GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC.
The Headache Management Trial: A Randomized Study of Coordinated Care
Article first published online: 10 JUN 2008
© 2008 the Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 48, Issue 9, pages 1294–1310, October 2008
How to Cite
Matchar, D. B., Harpole, L., Samsa, G. P., Jurgelski, A., Lipton, R. B., Silberstein, S. D., Young, W., Kori, S. and Blumenfeld, A. (2008), The Headache Management Trial: A Randomized Study of Coordinated Care. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 48: 1294–1310. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2007.01148.x
Conflict of Interest: Richard B. Lipton, MD, has consulted for, conducted studies funded by, and/or received lecture honoraria from Advanced Bionics, Allergan, AstraZeneca, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cierra, Endo, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Neuralieve, Ortho-McNeill, Pfizer, Pozen, ProEthics and St. Judes. The following authors have indicated no conflicts of interest, including specific financial interests and relationships and affiliations relevant to the subject matter or materials discussed in the manuscript: David B. Matchar, MD, Gregory P. Samsa, PhD, Annette Jurgelski, MAT. Drs. Harpole and Kori are presently employees of GlaxoSmithKline.
- Issue published online: 3 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 10 JUN 2008
- Accepted for publication March 12, 2008.
- 1Living with chronic headache pain: The invisible handicap. American Pain Society Bulletin 1998. Available at: http://www.ampainsoc.org/pub/bulletin/ju198/advocacy.htm.
- 6The global burden of migraine: Measuring disability in headache disorders with WHO's Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF). Headache. 2005;6:429-40., , , .
- 7Evidence-based guidelines for migraine headache: Behavioral and physical treatments. April 2000. Available at: http://www.aan.com., , .
- 23Self-administered drug treatments for acute migraine headache. Technical review 2.4. February 1999. Prepared for the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research under Contract No. 290-94-2025. Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/tp/headachetp.htm#Report, , , , .
- 28Clinical utility of a new instrument assessing migraine disability: The Migraine Disability Assessment (MIDAS) questionnaire. Neurology. 1998;50:A433-A434., , , .
- 32SF-36 Health Survey. Manual and Interpretation Guide. Boston, MA: The Health Institute, New England Medical Center; 1993., , , et al.
- 33Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences, 2nd edn. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; 1988..
- 39Effectiveness of a multidisciplinary outpatient headache management program. Med Health R I. 2002:269-272., .