Looking Forward: The End of Autonomy
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2008
© 2008 the Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 48, Issue 5, pages 719–724, May 2008
How to Cite
Nash, D. B. and Quigley, G. D. (2008), Looking Forward: The End of Autonomy. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 48: 719–724. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2008.01113.x
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2008
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2008
- 1Barack Obama on health care. Available at: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/. Accessed 1/27/2008, 2008.
- 2Hillary Clinton on health care. Available at: http://www.hillaryclinton.com/feature/healthcareplan/. Accessed 1/27/2008.
- 3John McCain on health care. Available at: http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/19ba2f1c-c03f-4ac2-8cd5-5cf2edb527cf.htm. Accessed 1/27/2008, 2008.
- 4Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. OECD health data. 2007. Available from: http://www.oecd.org/health/healthdata.
- 5Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. National health expenditure projections 2006-2016, 2007. Available from: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/NationalHealthExpendData/03_NationalHealthAccountsProjected.asp.
- 6Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Office of the Actuary, National Health Statistics Group. Average annual growth rates for nominal NHE and GDP for selected time periods, 2007. Available from: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/NationalHealthExpendData/ (see Historical; NHE summary including share of GDP, CY1960-2005; filenhegdp05.zip).
- 12Commonwealth Fund. Commonwealth fund national scorecard on US health system performance. New York 2006;1-37.
- 13Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001:39-60.
- 14The Uninsured: A Primer. Menlo Park, CA: Kaiser Family Foundation; 2007:7451-7403. Available from: http://www.kff.org/uninsured/7451.cfm. Accessed 1/10/2008.
- 15ABIM Foundation, American Board of Internal Medicine, ACP-ASIM Foundation, American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine, European Federation of Internal Medicine. Medical professionalism in the new millennium: A physician charter. Ann Intern Med. 2002;136:243-246.
- 17From Chaos to Care: The Promise of Team-Based Medicine. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Books Group; 2002:36.
- 19Accelerating Process Improvement Using Agile Techniques. Boca Raton, FL: Auerbach Publications; 2006: 14.
- 20To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2000:1-287., ,
- 23Commonwealth Fund. Training tomorrow's doctors: The medical education mission of academic health centers, 2002. Available from: http://www.cmwf.org/usr_doc/ahc_trainingdoctors_516.pdf. Accessed 02/01/2008.
- 24Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education. Common program requirements. Chicago, IL: 2007;1-16. Available from: http://www.acgme.org/acWebsite/dutyHours/dh_dutyhoursCommonPR07012007.pdf. Accessed 2/1/2008.