Study funded by Abbott, Abbott Park IL.
Safety and Tolerability of Divalproex Sodium Extended-Release in the Prophylaxis of Migraine Headaches: Results of an Open-Label Extension Trial in Adolescents
Article first published online: 10 NOV 2008
© 2008 the Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 36–44, January 2009
How to Cite
Apostol, G., Pakalnis, A., Laforet, G. A., Robieson, W. Z., Olson, E., Abi-Saab, W. M. and Saltarelli, M. (2009), Safety and Tolerability of Divalproex Sodium Extended-Release in the Prophylaxis of Migraine Headaches: Results of an Open-Label Extension Trial in Adolescents. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 49: 36–44. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2008.01299.x
Conflict of Interest: All authors except Dr. Pakalnis are employees of Abbott.
- Issue published online: 5 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 10 NOV 2008
- Accepted for publication August 9, 2008.
- 5Practice parameter: pharmacological treatment of migraine headache in children and adolescents: report of the American Academy of Neurology Quality Standards Subcommittee and the Practice Committee of the Child Neurology Society. Neurology. 2004;63:2215-2224., , , , , .
- 15Low dose of sodium divalproate for the treatment of migraine. MedGenMed. 2003;5:32..
- 20Headache Classification Subcommittee of the International Headache Society. The International classification of headache disorders. Cephalalgia. 2004;24(Suppl. 1):1-160.
- 24Abbott Laboratories. Depakote ER (Divalproex Sodium Extended-Release Tablets) Prescribing Information. Chicago, IL: 2006.
- 27Tietz Clinical Guide To Laboratory Tests, 4th edn. St Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier; 2006..
- 28United States Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Information for Healthcare Professionals: Suicidality and Antiepileptic Drugs. 1/31/2008; http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/InfoSheets/HCP/antiepilepticsHCP.htm. Accessed 2/5/2008.
- 29United States Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Statistical Review and Evaluation: Antiepileptic Drugs and Suicidality 5/23/2008; http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/08/briefing/2008-4372b1-01-FDA.pdf. Accessed 7/8/08.