Conflict of Interest: Susan L. Hutchinson, MD has received honoraria from GlaxoSmithKline and Ortho-McNeil and is on the advisory board of GlaxoSmithKline. Stephen D. Silberstein, MD, has received research grant support from Abbott Laboratories, Advanced Bionics Corporation, Advanced Neuromodulation Systems, Inc., AGA, Allergan Inc., AstraZeneca, Endo Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly and Company, Medtronic, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Ortho-McNeil, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Pozen Inc., ProEthic, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, and Vernalis plc; is on the Speaker's Bureau for AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co., Inc., Ortho-McNeil, Inc., and Pfizer Inc.; and is an Advisory Board Member for Allergan Inc., Endo Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, Medtronic, Inc, Merck & Co., Inc., Ortho-McNeil, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Pozen Inc.,and Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
Diagnosis and Treatment of the Menstrual Migraine Patient
Version of Record online: 19 NOV 2008
© 2008 the Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Special Issue: Identify the Menstrual Migraineurs in Your Practice: A practical case-based approach
Volume 48, Issue Supplement s3, pages S115–S123, November/December 2008
How to Cite
Silberstein, S. D. and Hutchinson, S. L. (2008), Diagnosis and Treatment of the Menstrual Migraine Patient. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 48: S115–S123. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2008.01309.x
- Issue online: 19 NOV 2008
- Version of Record online: 19 NOV 2008
- Accepted for publication October 8, 2008.
- 1International Headache Society. The international classification of headache disorders, 2nd edn. Cephalalgia. 2004;24(Suppl. 1):1-151.
- 6SilbersteinSD, FreitagF, BigalM. Migraine Treatment. Wolff's Headache, 8th edn. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2008:177-292.
- 24DHE-45® in the prophylaxis of menstrually related migraine. Cephalalgia. 1996;16:371., .
- 29IMED Communications. Strategies for optimizing the management of menstrual migraine. J Fam Pract. 2005;54:S1-S7., .
- 34Recommendations on the risk of ischaemic stroke associated with use of combined oral contraceptives and hormone replacement therapy in women with migraine. The international headache society task force on combined oral contraceptives & hormone replacement therapy. Cephalalgia. 2000;20:155-156., , , et al.
- 43Correlation between oestradiol plasma level and therapeutic effect on menstrual migraine. In: RoseFC, ed. New Advances in Headache Research, 4th edn. London: Smith-Gordon; 1994:129-132., , , ,