Conflict of Interest: Stephen Silberstein has received personal compensation for activities with: Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, UCB Pharma, AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Allergan, Pozen, Abbott Laboratories., Eli Lilly & Company, NPS, and Xcel Pharmaceuticals; has received personal compensation in an editorial capacity for Current Pain and Headache; and has received financial support for scholarly activities from GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Pfizer, Allergan, and Abbott Laboratories. Richard B. Lipton has consulted for, conducted studies funded by, or received lecture honoraria from Allergan, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Ortho-McNeill, Pfizer, and Pozen, among other companies. David W. Dodick has served as a consultant for GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Allergan, Endo, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Addex, Solvay, and Neuralieve and has received research support from Advanced Neurostimulation Systems, Medtronic, and St. Jude. Fred Freitag has received grants and research support from Advanced Bionics Corporation, Alzyer, AstraZeneca, CAPNIA, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Ortho-McNeil Neurologics, Solvay, and Vernalis Pharmaceuticals. He has served as a consultant for Allergan, AstraZeneca, CAPNIA, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Merck, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Ortho-McNeil Neurologics, and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International. He has served on the speakers bureaus of AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Ortho-McNeil Neurologics, Pfizer, and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International. Ninan Mathew has received personal compensation for activities involving continuing medical education and for advisory board participation from Ortho McNeil, Merck, Allergan, GlaxoSmithKline, Endo, and Valiant. Jan Brandes has received grants, research support, or served as a consultant to Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, UCB Pharma, Pfizer, Allergan, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Winston Laboratories, Sanofi-Aventis, Elan, Novartis, Endo, Pozen, Vernalis, Ortho-McNeil, Advanced Bionics, MedPointe, and Aradigm. Marcelo E. Bigal is a full-time employee of Merck Research Laboratories. This manuscript was written during his tenure at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He has received, in the past, compensation from Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Allergan, MAP, NMT, and Endo, among other pharmaceutical companies. Steve Ascher, Jacqueline D. Morein, and Pamela Wright are employees of Ortho-McNeil Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC. Steven J. Greenberg is an employee of EMD Serono Inc.
Topiramate Treatment of Chronic Migraine: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Quality of Life and Other Efficacy Measures
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2009
© 2009 the Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 49, Issue 8, pages 1153–1162, September 2009
How to Cite
Silberstein, S., Lipton, R., Dodick, D., Freitag, F., Mathew, N., Brandes, J., Bigal, M., Ascher, S., Morein, J., Wright, P., Greenberg, S. and Hulihan, J. (2009), Topiramate Treatment of Chronic Migraine: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Quality of Life and Other Efficacy Measures. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 49: 1153–1162. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2009.01508.x
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2009
- Accepted for publication July 14, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.