Funding: Allergan, Inc.
OnabotulinumtoxinA for Treatment of Chronic Migraine: Pooled Results From the Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Phases of the PREEMPT Clinical Program
Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2010
© 2010 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 50, Issue 6, pages 921–936, June 2010
How to Cite
Dodick, D. W., Turkel, C. C., DeGryse, R. E., Aurora, S. K., Silberstein, S. D., Lipton, R. B., Diener, H.-C. and Brin, M. F. (2010), OnabotulinumtoxinA for Treatment of Chronic Migraine: Pooled Results From the Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Phases of the PREEMPT Clinical Program. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 50: 921–936. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2010.01678.x
ClinicalTrials.gov identifiers: NCT00156910, NCT00168428.
Conflict of Interest: D.W.D. has received honoraria from Allergan, Merck, Neuralieve, Coherex, Kowa, Minster, NeurAxon, H Lundbeck, Endo, Pfizer, Nupathe, and MAP Pharmaceuticals, in addition to being a consultant to and on the advisory board of these pharmaceutical companies. He has also received funding from Advanced Neurostimulation Systems, St. Jude Medical Center, and Medtronic. S.K.A. received, within the last 2 years, grants and research support from Advanced Bionics, Alexza, Allergan, Capnia, GlaxoSmithKline, MAP Pharmaceuticals, Merck and Co., Ortho-McNeil, Neuralieve, NuPathe, and Takeda. She is a consultant for Ortho-McNeil, Merck and Co., GlaxoSmithKline, Allergan, Neuralieve, NuPathe, and MAP Pharmaceuticals. She has also received honoraria from Merck and Co., GlaxoSmithKline, Kowa, NuPathe, and Ortho-McNeil. C.C.T., R.E.D., and M.F.B. are employees of Allergan, Inc., and own stock in the company. S.D.S. and R.B.L. have received honoraria and research funding from Allergan, Inc., in addition to being consultants to and on the advisory board of Allergan. H.C.D. received honoraria for participation in clinical trials, contribution to advisory boards, or oral presentations from Addex Pharma, Allergan, Almirall, AstraZeneca, Bayer Vital, Berlin Chemie, CoLucid, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Grunenthal, Janssen-Cilag, Lilly, La Roche, 3M Medica, Minster, MSD, Novartis, Johnson & Johnson, Pierre Fabre, Pfizer, Schaper and Brummer, Sanofi-Aventis, Weber & Weber. He also received financial support for research projects from Allergan, Almirall, AstraZeneca, Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline, Janssen-Cilag, and Pfizer. Headache research at the Department of Neurology in Essen, where H.C.D. is Professor, is supported by the German Research Council (DFG), the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), and the European Union.
- Issue online: 1 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2010
- Accepted for publication March 22, 2010.
- 4Headache Classification Subcommittee of the International Headache Society. The International Classification of Headache Disorders: 2nd edition. Cephalalgia. 2004;24(Suppl. 1):9-160.
- 29A multicentre, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel group study of multiple treatments of botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA) for the prophylaxis of episodic migraine headaches. Cephalalgia. 2007;27:492-503., , , , , .
- 31Botulinum toxin type a for the prophylaxis of chronic daily headache: Subgroup analysis of patients not receiving other prophylactic medications: A randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Headache. 2005;45:315-324., , , , , .