These authors contributed equally to this work.
Body Mass Index and Adult Weight Gain Among Reproductive Age Women With Migraine
Article first published online: 26 JAN 2011
© 2011 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 559–569, April 2011
How to Cite
Vo, M., Ainalem, A., Qiu, C., Peterlin, B. L., Aurora, S. K. and Williams, M. A. (2011), Body Mass Index and Adult Weight Gain Among Reproductive Age Women With Migraine. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 51: 559–569. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2010.01833.x
Study funding: This research was supported by awards from the National Institutes of Health (R01 HD-032562, R01HD-055566, and T37-MD001449).
Conflict of Interest: None to declare.
- Issue published online: 1 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 26 JAN 2011
- Accepted for publication November 23, 2010.
This article has been cited by:
- 3Low-lipid diet reduces frequency and severity of acute migraine attacks, Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, 2015, 25, 4, 370, , , , , , , ,
- 4Migraine and body mass index categories: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies, The Journal of Headache and Pain, 2015, 16, 1, , , , , , ,
- 5The prevalence of primary headache disorders and their associated factors among nursing staff in North China, The Journal of Headache and Pain, 2015, 16, 1, 4, , , , , , , , ,
- 6Body mass index and its impact on migraine prevalence and severity in female patients: Preliminary results, Neurologia i Neurochirurgia Polska, 2014, 48, 3, 163, , ,
- 7Efficacy of frovatriptan and other triptans in the treatment of acute migraine of normal weight and obese subjects: a review of randomized studies, Neurological Sciences, 2014, 35, S1, 115, , , , , , , , , ,
- 9Migraine and obesity: moving beyond BMI, Future Neurology, 2014, 9, 1, 37, ,
- You have free access to this content10
- 11Obesity and Headache/Migraine: The Importance of Weight Reduction through Lifestyle Modifications, BioMed Research International, 2014, 2014, 1, , , , ,
- 13Can weight loss improve migraine headaches in obese women? Rationale and design of the Women's Health and Migraine (WHAM) randomized controlled trial, Contemporary Clinical Trials, 2013, 35, 1, 133, , , , , , , , ,
- 14Czy wskaźnik masy ciała i stężenie lipidów w surowicy wpływają na częstość występowania i przebieg migreny?, Neurologia i Neurochirurgia Polska, 2013, 47, 6, 572, , , ,
- 15Migraine and obesity, is there a link?, Revue Neurologique, 2013, 169, 5, 413, ,
- 17Body mass index and migraine: a survey of the Chinese adult population, The Journal of Headache and Pain, 2012, 13, 7, 531, , , , , , , , , ,
- 18Perimenopausal migraine in women with vasomotor symptoms, Maturitas, 2012, 71, 1, 79,
- 20The epidemiology and comorbidities of migraine and tension-type headache, Techniques in Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management, 2012, 16, 1, 4, , ,