Disclosures: Dawn C. Buse, PhD, has received honoraria and/or research funding from Allergan Pharmaceuticals, ENDO Pharmaceuticals, Iroko Pharmaceuticals, Merck, Inc., MAP Pharmaceuticals, NuPathe, and Novartis. Aubrey N. Manack, PhD, is a full-time employee of Allergan Pharmaceuticals. Kristina M. Fanning, PhD, has provided statistical and consulting support to Allergan, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, ENDO Pharmaceuticals, and Ortho-McNeil Neurologics. Daniel Serrano, PhD, has provided statistical and consulting support to Allergan, Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, ENDO Pharmaceuticals, and Ortho-McNeil Neurologics. Michael L. Reed, PhD, received research funding from Ortho-McNeil, GSK, ENDO, Allergan, and MSD. Catherine C. Turkel, PhD, PharmD, is a full-time employee of Allergan Pharmaceuticals. Richard Lipton, MD, has received research support from the NIH (PO1 AG03949 [Program Director], PO1AG027734 [Project Leader], RO1AG025119 [Investigator], RO1AG022374-06A2 [Investigator], RO1AG034119 [Investigator], RO1AG12101 [Investigator], K23AG030857 [Mentor], K23NS05140901A1 [Mentor], and K23NS47256 [Mentor]), the National Headache Foundation, and the Migraine Research Fund; serves on the editorial boards of Neurology and Cephalalgia and as senior advisor to Headache; has reviewed for the NIA and NINDS; holds stock options in eNeura Therapeutics (a company without commercial products); and serves as consultant, advisory board member, or has received honoraria from Allergan, the American Headache Society, Autonomic Technologies, Boston Scientific, Bristol Myers Squibb, Cognimed, Colucid, Eli Lilly, ENDO, eNeura Therapeutics, GlaxoSmithKline, MAP, Merck, Nautilus Neuroscience, Novartis, NuPathe, and Pfizer.
Chronic Migraine Prevalence, Disability, and Sociodemographic Factors: Results From the American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention Study
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2012
© 2012 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 52, Issue 10, pages 1456–1470, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Buse, D. C., Manack, A. N., Fanning, K. M., Serrano, D., Reed, M. L., Turkel, C. C. and Lipton, R. B. (2012), Chronic Migraine Prevalence, Disability, and Sociodemographic Factors: Results From the American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention Study. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 52: 1456–1470. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2012.02223.x
Sponsorship: The American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention Study is funded through a research grant to the National Headache Foundation from Ortho-McNeil Neurologics, Inc., Titusville, NJ, USA. Additional analyses and manuscript preparation were supported by a grant from Allergan Inc., Irvine, CA, USA, to the National Headache Foundation.
- Issue published online: 15 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 JUN 2012 08:50AM EST
- Accepted for publication June 10, 2012.
This article has been cited by:
- 2Headache in the elderly: a series of 262 patients, Neurología (English Edition), 2014,, , , , , , , , , ,
- 4So Many Migraines, So Few Subspecialists: Analysis of the Geographic Location of United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties (UCNS) Certified Headache Subspecialists Compared to United States Headache Demographics, Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 2014, 54, 6, ,
- 5A six year retrospective review of occipital nerve stimulation practice - controversies and challenges of an emerging technique for treating refractory headache syndromes, The Journal of Headache and Pain, 2013, 14, 1, 67, , , , , , , , ,
- 6Application of behavioral therapies in adult and adolescent patients with chronic migraine, Neurological Sciences, 2013, 34, S1, 11,
- 7Cefaleas en la persona mayor: características de una serie de 262 pacientes, Neurología, 2013,, , , , , , , , , ,
- 8Headache-related health resource utilisation in chronic and episodic migraine across six countries, Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, 2013, 84, 12, 1309, , , , , , , , ,
- 10Managing migraine and other headache syndromes in those over 50, Maturitas, 2013, 76, 3, 243, , ,