Disclosures: Dawn C. Buse, PhD, has received honoraria and/or research funding from Allergan Pharmaceuticals, ENDO Pharmaceuticals, Iroko Pharmaceuticals, Merck, Inc., MAP Pharmaceuticals, NuPathe, and Novartis. Aubrey N. Manack, PhD, is a full-time employee of Allergan Pharmaceuticals. Kristina M. Fanning, PhD, has provided statistical and consulting support to Allergan, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, ENDO Pharmaceuticals, and Ortho-McNeil Neurologics. Daniel Serrano, PhD, has provided statistical and consulting support to Allergan, Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, ENDO Pharmaceuticals, and Ortho-McNeil Neurologics. Michael L. Reed, PhD, received research funding from Ortho-McNeil, GSK, ENDO, Allergan, and MSD. Catherine C. Turkel, PhD, PharmD, is a full-time employee of Allergan Pharmaceuticals. Richard Lipton, MD, has received research support from the NIH (PO1 AG03949 [Program Director], PO1AG027734 [Project Leader], RO1AG025119 [Investigator], RO1AG022374-06A2 [Investigator], RO1AG034119 [Investigator], RO1AG12101 [Investigator], K23AG030857 [Mentor], K23NS05140901A1 [Mentor], and K23NS47256 [Mentor]), the National Headache Foundation, and the Migraine Research Fund; serves on the editorial boards of Neurology and Cephalalgia and as senior advisor to Headache; has reviewed for the NIA and NINDS; holds stock options in eNeura Therapeutics (a company without commercial products); and serves as consultant, advisory board member, or has received honoraria from Allergan, the American Headache Society, Autonomic Technologies, Boston Scientific, Bristol Myers Squibb, Cognimed, Colucid, Eli Lilly, ENDO, eNeura Therapeutics, GlaxoSmithKline, MAP, Merck, Nautilus Neuroscience, Novartis, NuPathe, and Pfizer.
Chronic Migraine Prevalence, Disability, and Sociodemographic Factors: Results From the American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention Study
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2012
© 2012 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 52, Issue 10, pages 1456–1470, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Buse, D. C., Manack, A. N., Fanning, K. M., Serrano, D., Reed, M. L., Turkel, C. C. and Lipton, R. B. (2012), Chronic Migraine Prevalence, Disability, and Sociodemographic Factors: Results From the American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention Study. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 52: 1456–1470. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2012.02223.x
Sponsorship: The American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention Study is funded through a research grant to the National Headache Foundation from Ortho-McNeil Neurologics, Inc., Titusville, NJ, USA. Additional analyses and manuscript preparation were supported by a grant from Allergan Inc., Irvine, CA, USA, to the National Headache Foundation.
- Issue published online: 15 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 JUN 2012 08:50AM EST
- Accepted for publication June 10, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.