Conflict of Interest: Richard B. Lipton, MD, has received grants from Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Endo Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, the National Headache Foundation, and the National Institutes of Health. He has received honoraria from Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Endo Pharmaceuticals, and Glaxo.
Barriers to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine: Effects of Sex, Income, and Headache Features
Article first published online: 18 OCT 2012
© 2012 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 81–92, January 2013
How to Cite
Lipton, R. B., Serrano, D., Holland, S., Fanning, K. M., Reed, M. L. and Buse, D. C. (2013), Barriers to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine: Effects of Sex, Income, and Headache Features. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 53: 81–92. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2012.02265.x
Daniel Serrano, PhD, has received grant support and honoraria from Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Endo Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, MAP Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Inc., NuPathe, Novartis, Ortho-McNeil, and the National Headache Foundation.
Starr Holland, PhD, has received consulting honoraria from NuPathe, Merck & Co., Inc., and MAP Pharmaceuticals.
Kristina M. Fanning, PhD, has nothing to disclose.
Michael L. Reed, PhD, has received grant support and honoraria from Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Endo Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, MAP Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Inc., NuPathe, Novartis, Ortho-McNeil, and the National Headache Foundation.
Dawn C. Buse, PhD, has received grant support and honoraria from Allergan Inc., Endo Pharmaceuticals, Iroko Pharmaceuticals, MAP Pharmaceuticals, and Merck & Co., Inc.
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 18 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 SEP 2012 07:45AM EST
- Accepted for publication August 25, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.