Conflict of interest: No competing financial interests exist.
Original Research Article
Risk Factors for Prescription Opioid-Related Death, Utah, 2008–2009
Article first published online: 8 NOV 2012
Wiley Periodicals, Inc
Volume 13, Issue 12, pages 1580–1589, December 2012
How to Cite
Lanier, W. A., Johnson, E. M., Rolfs, R. T., Friedrichs, M. D. and Grey, T. C. (2012), Risk Factors for Prescription Opioid-Related Death, Utah, 2008–2009. Pain Medicine, 13: 1580–1589. doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4637.2012.01518.x
Funding sources: None.
Human subjects approval statement: This study received approval from the Utah Department of Health's institutional review board and was reviewed by a Human Research Protection Coordinator at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Disclaimer: The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Prior presentation: Selected findings of the study reported here were presented in April 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia at the 60th Annual Conference of the Centers for Disease Control's Epidemic Intelligence Service.
Dr. Lanier had full access to all of the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.
Study conception and design: Lanier, Johnson, Rolfs.
Acquisition of data: Lanier, Johnson, Friedrichs, Grey.
Analysis and interpretation of data: Lanier, Johnson, Rolfs, Friedrichs.
Drafting of the manuscript: Lanier, Johnson.
Critical revision of the manuscript for important intellectual content: Lanier, Johnson, Rolfs, Friedrichs, Grey.
Statistical analysis: Lanier, Rolfs, Friedrichs.
Administrative, technical, or material support: Johnson, Rolfs, Grey.
Study supervision: Rolfs.
Approval of final version to be published: Lanier, Johnson, Rolfs, Friedrichs, Grey.
Kristina Russell, MPH, and Jonathan Anderson, MPH (Utah Department of Health) provided assistance with data collection and writing. Connor McKeown, BA (Utah Department of Health), W. Brandon Callor, BS, and Joshua J. Byrd, BA (Utah Office of the Medical Examiner) provided assistance with data collection. Jacob Crook, BA, (Utah Department of Health) provided assistance with analysis. Betsy L. Cadwell, MSPH (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) provided assistance with statistical methods. Leonard J. Paulozzi, MD, MPH (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) provided assistance with manuscript review. None of these individuals received compensation for their contributions.
- Issue published online: 17 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 8 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.