Dr. Mumford was formerly at Marion Merrell-Dow Research Centre, Winnersh, U.K.
A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study on the Effect of Vigabatrin on In Vivo Parameters of Hepatic Microsomal Enzyme Induction and on the Kinetics of Steroid Oral Contraceptives in Healthy Female Volunteers
Article first published online: 3 AUG 2005
Volume 38, Issue 6, pages 702–707, June 1997
How to Cite
Bartoli, A., Gatti, G., Cipolla, G., Barzaghi, N., Veliz, G., Fattore, C., Mumford, J. and Perucca, E. (1997), A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study on the Effect of Vigabatrin on In Vivo Parameters of Hepatic Microsomal Enzyme Induction and on the Kinetics of Steroid Oral Contraceptives in Healthy Female Volunteers. Epilepsia, 38: 702–707. doi: 10.1111/j.1528-1157.1997.tb01240.x
- Issue published online: 3 AUG 2005
- Article first published online: 3 AUG 2005
- Accepted January 13, 1997.
- 2Biotransformation. In: LevyRH, Drei-fussF, MattsonRH, MeldrumB, eds. Antiepileptic drugs. New York : Raven Press, 1995;31–50.,
- 10Vigabatrin clinical investigator brochure. Strasbourg , Merrell-Dow Research Institute, 1979.
- 12Interaction between vigabatrin and phenytoin. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1989;27:278–338.,
- 19Development of a highly sensitive and specific assay for plasma ethinyl estradiol using combined extraction, liquid chromatography and radioimmunoassay, J Pharm Biomid Anal 1994;?:i303–10., ,
- 21The efficacy and safety of new antiepileptic drugs. In: PisaniF, PeruccaE, AvanziniG, RichensA, eds. New antiepileptic drugs. Amsterdam : Elsevier, 1991:89–96.
- 22Clinical implications of microsomal enzyme induction by antiepileptic drugs. Pharmacol Ther 1978;2:285–314.
- 29Effect of topiramate on the pharmacokinetics of an oral contraceptive containing norethindrone and ethinylestradiol in patients with epilepsy. Epilepsia (in press)., , ,
- 32Lack of an effect of gabapentin on the pharmacokinetics of a norethindrone acetate/ethinyl estradiol-containing oral contraceptive. Neurology 1993;43:A307., , , ,
- 33An evaluation of the risk of interaction between tiagabine and oral contraceptives in female volunteers. J Pharm Med 1994;4:141–50., ,