Global cognitive function in children with epilepsy: A community-based study
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2007
2008 International League Against Epilepsy
Volume 49, Issue 4, pages 608–614, April 2008
How to Cite
Berg, A. T., Langfitt, J. T., Testa, F. M., Levy, S. R., DiMario, F., Westerveld, M. and Kulas, J. (2008), Global cognitive function in children with epilepsy: A community-based study. Epilepsia, 49: 608–614. doi: 10.1111/j.1528-1167.2007.01461.x
- Issue published online: 7 DEC 2007
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2007
- Accepted October 22, 2007; Online Early publication December 10, 2007.
- 2003) Identification of epilepsy syndroms at diagnosis and modification with time. In JallonP, BergA, DuLacO, HauserWA (Eds) Prognosis of epilepsies. Libbey-Eurotext, Montrouge , France , pp. 185–196. . (
- 1999) Newly diagnosed epilepsy in children: presentation at diagnosis. Epilepsia 40:445–452. , , , . (
- 2005) Special education needs in children with newly diagnosed epilepsy. Dev Med Child Neurol 47:749–753. , , , , , , . (
- 2006) How long does it take epilepsy to become intractable? A prospective investigation Ann Neurol 60:73–79. , , , , , , . (
- 2007) Epilepsy-associated contributions to cognitive function in childhood-onset epilepsy. To be presented at the meeting of the American Epilepsy Society. , , , , , , . (
- 2003) Nova Scotia pediatric epilepsy study In JallonP, BergA, DulacO, HauserA (Eds) Prognosis of epilepsies. John Libbey, Eurotext, Montrouge , France , pp. 113–126. , . (
- 2003) Absence epilepsy with onset before age three years: a heterogeneous and often severe condition. Epilepsia 44:944–949. , , , , , . (
- Commission on Classification and Terminology of the International League Against Epilepsy. (1981) Proposal for revised clinical and electrographic classification of epileptic seizures. Epilepsia 22:489–501.
- Commission on Classification and Terminology of the International League Against Epilepsy. (1989) Proposal for revised classification of epilepsies and epileptic syndromes. Epilepsia 30:389–399.
- Commission on Epidemiology and Prognosis and International League Against Epilepsy. (1993) Guidelines for epidemiologic studies on epilepsy. Epilepsia 34:592–596.
- 2007) The development of intellectual abilities in pediatric temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia 48:201–204. , , , , , , . (
- 1995) Risk factors for the co-occurrence of partial epilepsy, cerebral palsy and mental retardation. Dev Med Child Neurol 37:776–782. , , , . (
- 1990) Children with epilepsy: the effects of seizures, syndromes and etiological factors on cognitive functioning. Epilepsia 31(Suppl 4):S26–S29. . (
- 2001) Epileptic encephalopathy. Epilepsia 42(Suppl 3):23–26. . (
- 1984) Age at onset of seizures in young children. Ann Neurol 15:127–134. , , . (
- 1998) Evolution of epilepsy in children with mental retardation: five-year experience in 78 cases. Am J Ment Retard 102:464–472. , , , . (
- 2003) Hippocampal sclerosis is a progressive disorder: a longitudinal volumetric MRI study. Ann Neurol 53:413–416. , , , . (
- 1996). Outcomes of extremely low birth weight infants. Pediatrics 98:931–937. , , . (
- 2006) Cognitive prognosis in chronic temporal lobe epilepsy. Ann Neurol 60:80–87. , , , , , , . (
- 2001) Pathogenesis of learning disabilities in epilepsy. Epilepsia 42:13–15. . (
- 2001) The epidemiology of epilepsy and learning disablility. Epilepsia 42:6–9. , . (
- 1994) Cognitive side effects of antiepileptic drugs. Can J Neurol Sci 21(Suppl 3):S12–S16. . (
- 2006) Cognitive and memory effects of the new antiepileptic drugs. Epilepsy Res 68:63–67. . (
- 1995) Prevalence of epilepsy and epileptic seizures in 10-year-old children: results from the metropolitan Atlanta developmental disabilities study. Epilepsia 36:866–872. , , . (
- 1999) Relation of cranial ultrasound abnormalities in low-birthweight infants to motor or cognitive performance at ages 2, 6, and 9 years. Dev Med Child Neurol 41:826–833. , , , , . (
- SAS. (1990) SAS Institute Inc., Cary , NC .
- 2005) Easy SAS calculations for risk and prevalence ratios and differences. Am J Epidemiol 162:199–200. , . (
- 2006) The natural history of myoclonic astatic epilepsy (Doose syndrome) and Lennox–Gastaut syndrome. Epilepsia 47:53–55. . (
- 1991) Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, 3rd ed. Psychological Corp., San Antonio , TX . . (
- 1997) Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale. 3rd ed. Psychological Corp., San Antonio , TX . . (
- 2006) Severe myoclonic epilepsy of infants (Dravet syndrome): natural history and neuropsychological findings. Epilepsia 47:45–48. , , . (
- 2000) Neurologic and developmental disability after extremely preterm birth. N Eng J Med 343:378–384. , , , , . (