Newly diagnosed single unprovoked seizures and epilepsy in Stockholm, Sweden: First report from the Stockholm Incidence Registry of Epilepsy (SIRE)
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2008
Wiley Periodicals, Inc. © 2008 International League Against Epilepsy
Volume 50, Issue 5, pages 1094–1101, May 2009
How to Cite
Adelöw, C., Åndell, E., Åmark, P., Andersson, T., Hellebro, E., Ahlbom, A. and Tomson, T. (2009), Newly diagnosed single unprovoked seizures and epilepsy in Stockholm, Sweden: First report from the Stockholm Incidence Registry of Epilepsy (SIRE). Epilepsia, 50: 1094–1101. doi: 10.1111/j.1528-1167.2008.01726.x
- Issue published online: 7 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2008
- Accepted May 27, 2008; Early View publication August 20, 2008.
Vol. 52, Issue 8, 1529, Article first published online: 26 JUL 2011
- 1999) The incidence of epilepsy and unprovoked seizures in multiethnic, urban health maintenance organizations. Epilepsia 40:502–506. , , , , . (
- 1995) A general hospital population of childhood epilepsy. Acta Paediatr 84:1143–1146. , . (
- 2007) Incidence and prevalence of epilepsy in Denmark. Epilepsy Res 76:60–65. , , , , , . (
- Commission on Classification and Terminology of the International League Against Epilepsy.(1981) Proposal for revised clinical and electroencephalographic classification of epileptic seizures. Epilepsia 22:489–501.
- Commission on Classification and Terminology of the International League Against Epilepsy. (1989) Proposal for revised classification of epilepsies and epileptic syndromes. Epilepsia 30:389–399.
- Commission on Epidemiology and Prognosis of the International League Against Epilepsy. (1993) Guidelines for epidemiologic studies on epilepsy. Epilepsia 34:592–596.
- 1990) Prospective incidence study and clinical characterization of seizures in newly referred adults. Epilepsia 33:450–458. (
- 1996) Incidence and clinical characterization of unprovoked seizures in adults: a prospective population-based study. Epilepsia 37:224–228. , , , . (
- 2005) The epidemiology of epilepsy in Europe—a systematic review. Eur J Neurol 12:245–253. , , , . (
- 2001) Incidence of epilepsies and epileptic syndromes in children and adolescents: a population-based prospective study in Germany. Epilepsia 42:979–985. , , , , . (
- 1993) Incidence of epilepsy and unprovoked seizures in Rochester, Minnesota: 1935–1984. Epilepsia 34:453–468. , , . (
- ILAE Commission Report. (1997) The epidemiology of the epilepsies: future directions. Epilepsia 38:614–618.
- 1997) Incidence of first epileptic seizures in the Canton of Geneva, Switzerland. Epilepsia 38:547–552. , , , . (
- EPIMART Group. (1999) EPIMART: Prospective incidence study of epileptic seizures in newly referred patients in a French Carribean Island. Epilepsia 40:1103–1109. , , , , ,
- CAROLE Group. (2001) Newly diagnosed unprovoked epileptic seizures: presentation at diagnosis in CAROLE study. Epilepsia 42:464–475. , , ,
- 1986) Prevalence, incidence, and classification of epilepsy in the Faraoes. Acta Neurol Scand 74:150–155. (
- 1989) Incidence and prevalence of epilepsy in adults in Eastern Finland. Epilepsia 30:413–421. , , . (
- 2002) Systematic review and meta-analysis of incidence studies of epilepsy and unprovoked seizures. Epilepsia 43:1402–1409. , , , , . (
- 1992) A descriptive study of epilepsy in the district of El Salvador, Chile, 1984–1988. Acta Neurol Scand 85:249–256. , , , , . (
- 1990) A survey of epileptic disorders in Southwest France: seizures in elderly patients. Ann Neurol 27:232–237. , , , , , . (
- 2000) The incidence and lifetime prevalence of neurological disorders in a prospective community-based study in the UK. Brain 123:665–676. , , , . (
- 1992) The National General Practice Study of Epilepsy. Arch Neurol 49:801–808. , , , . (
- 2005) Prevalence, incidence and etiology of epilepsies in rural Honduras: the Salama study. Epilepsia 46:124–131. , , , , , , , , . (
- 1988) Calculating confidence intervals for relative risks and standardised ratios. Br Med J 296:1313–1316. , . (
- National Cancer Institute, U.S. National Institutes of Health. (2008) Surveillance, epidemiology, and end results; standard populations—19 age groups. Available from: http://seer.cancer.gov/stdpopulations/stdpop.19ages.html [Accessed April 15, 2008].
- 1996) Incidence of epilepsy in rural Iceland: a population-based study. Epilepsia 37:951–955. , , , . (
- 2005) Incidence of unprovoked seizures and epilepsy in Iceland and assessment of the epilepsy classification: a prospective study. Lancet Neurol. 4:627–634. , , , , , . (
- 2003) Incidence of adult epilepsy in Estonia. Acta Neurol Scand 108:245–251. , , . (
- 1987) Incidence and prevalence studies in epilepsy and their methodological problems: a review. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatr 50:829–839. , . (
- 1990) National General Practice Study of Epilepsy: newly diagnosed epileptic seizures in a general population. Lancet 336:1267–1271. , , , . (
- 1993) A community-based prospective incidence study of epileptic seizures in children. Acta Paediatr 82:60–65. , , , . (
- 1997) Incidence of epilepsy in rural central Ethiopia. Epilepsia 38:541–546. , , . (
- 1999) Incidence of epileptic syndromes in Rochester, Minnesota: 1980–1984. Epilepsia 40:1708–1714. , , , . (