Early versus late remission in a cohort of patients with newly diagnosed epilepsy
Version of Record online: 1 JUN 2009
Wiley Periodicals, Inc. © 2009 International League Against Epilepsy
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 37–42, January 2010
How to Cite
Del Felice, A., Beghi, E., Boero, G., La Neve, A., Bogliun, G., De Palo, A. and Specchio, L. M. (2010), Early versus late remission in a cohort of patients with newly diagnosed epilepsy. Epilepsia, 51: 37–42. doi: 10.1111/j.1528-1167.2009.02141.x
- Issue online: 21 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 JUN 2009
- Accepted March 3, 2009; Early View publication June 1, 2009.
- 1979) Remission of seizures and relapse in patients with epilepsy. Epilepsia 20:729–737. , , . (
- 1999) The early prognosis of epilepsy in childhood: the prediction of a poor outcome. The Dutch study of epilepsy in childhood. Epilepsia 40:726–734. , , , , , . (
- 2001) Early development of intractable epilepsy in children: a prospective study. Neurology 56:1445–1452. , , , , , . (
- 2006) How long does it take for epilepsy to become intractable? A prospective investigation. Ann Neurol 60:73–79. , , , , , , . (
- 1987) Long-term prognosis in childhood epilepsy: survival and seizure prognosis. Epilepsia 28:324–330. , . (
- 1997) If a first antiepileptic drug fails to control a child’s epilepsy, what are the chances of success with the next drug? J Pediatr 131:821–824. , , , . (
- 1995) Do anticonvulsants alter the natural course of epilepsy? Case for early treatment is not established. BMJ 310:177–188. . (
- 1997) Prognosis of epilepsy: a review and further analysis of the first nine years of the British National General Practice Study of Epilepsy, a prospective population-based study. Epilepsia 38:31–46. , , , . (
- Collaborative Group for the Study of Epilepsy. (1992) Prognosis of epilepsy in newly referred patients: a multicenter prospective study of the effects of monotherapy on the long-term course of epilepsy. Epilepsia 33:45–51.
- Commission on Classification and Terminology of the International League Against Epilepsy. (1981) Proposal for revised clinical and electroencephalographic classification of epileptic seizures. Epilepsia 22:489–501.
- Commission on Classification and Terminology of the International League Against Epilepsy. (1989) Proposal for revised classification of epilepsies and epileptic syndromes. Epilepsia 30:389–399.
- Commission on Epidemiology and Prognosis, International League Against Epilepsy. (1993) Guidelines for epidemiologic studies on epilepsy. Epilepsia 34:592–596.
- 2001) Response to first drug trial predicts outcome in childhood temporal lobe epilepsy. Neurology 57:2259–2264. , , , . (
- 2003) Prognosis of epilepsies. John Libbey Eurotext, Montrouge, France. . (
- 2000) Early identification of refractory epilepsy. N Engl J Med 342:314–319. , . (
- 2001) Remission of seizures in a population-based adult cohort with a newly diagnosed unprovoked epileptic seizure. Epilepsia 42:1025–1030. , , . (
- 2007) Results of treatment changes in patients with apparently drug-resistant chronic epilepsy. Ann Neurol 62:375–381. , . (
- 2000) Factors predicting prognosis of epilepsy after presentation with seizures. Ann Neurol 48:833–841. , , , , , . (
- 1987) Early treatment and prognosis of epilepsy. Epilepsia 28:97–106. . (
- 1995) Do anti-convulsants alter the natural course of epilepsy? Treatment should be started as early possible. BMJ 310:176–177. . (
- 1993) Some aspects of prognosis in the epilepsies: a review. Epilepsia 34:1007–1016. . (
- 2005) Drug resistance in epilepsy: putative neurobiologic and clinical mechanisms. Epilepsia 46:858–877. , . (
- 1988) EEG and other early predictors of epilepsy remission: a community study. Epilepsia 29:590–600. , , , . (
- 1996) Does antiepileptic drug therapy prevent the development of “chronic” epilepsy? Epilepsia 37:701–708. , . (
- 1993) Remission of seizures and predictors of intractability in long-term follow-up. Epilepsia 34:930–936. . (
- 2006) Natural history of treated childhood-onset epilepsy: prospective, long-term population-based study. Brain 129:617–624. , . (
- 1998) Long-term prognosis of seizures with onset in childhood. N Engl J Med 338:1715–1722. , , , . (