SP757 Study Group Investigators are in Appendix.ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00151879.
Intravenous lacosamide as short-term replacement for oral lacosamide in partial-onset seizures
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2009
Wiley Periodicals, Inc. © 2009 International League Against Epilepsy
Volume 51, Issue 6, pages 951–957, June 2010
How to Cite
Krauss, G., Ben-Menachem, E., Mameniskiene, R., Vaiciene-Magistris, N., Brock, M., Whitesides, J. G. and Johnson, M. E. (2010), Intravenous lacosamide as short-term replacement for oral lacosamide in partial-onset seizures. Epilepsia, 51: 951–957. doi: 10.1111/j.1528-1167.2009.02463.x
- Issue published online: 1 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2009
- Accepted October 28, 2009; Early View publication December 22, 2009.
Gregory Krauss, MD has received research support from UCB S.A., Johnson & Johnson Inc., SK-Biosciences Corporation, Eisai Inc., Sepracor Inc., and Icagen, Inc., and has served as a paid consultant for Eisai Inc. and UCB S.A. Elinor Ben-Menachem, MD, PhD, has taken honorarium for speaking for UCB S.A., Janssen-Cilag EMEA, Bial, Eisai Inc., and Valeant, and has received support from Cyberonics, Inc., Bial, Eisai Inc., Pfizer Inc., Johnson & Johnson Inc., and UCB S.A. She has also served as a paid consultant for UCB S.A., Eisai Inc., Bial, Valeant, and Sanofi-Aventis. Melissa Brock, PharmD, John G. Whitesides, PhD, and Martin E. Johnson, MS are employees of SCHWARZ BIOSCIENCES, a member of the UCB group. The remaining authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
- 2007) Efficacy and safety of oral lacosamide as adjunctive therapy in adults with partial-onset seizures. Epilepsia 48:1308–1317. , , , , , . (
- 2007) Lacosamide: a review of preclinical properties. CNS Drug Rev 13(1):21–42. , , , , , . (
- 2009) Progress report on new antiepileptic drugs: a Summary of the Ninth Eilat Conference (EILAT IX). Epilepsy Res 83:1–43. , , , , , . (
- 2008) Intravenous lacosamide as replacement for oral lacosamide in patients with partial-onset seizures. Epilepsia 49:418–424. , , , , , . (
- 2009) Lacosamide as adjunctive therapy for partial-onset seizures: a randomized controlled trial. Epilepsia, In press. , , , , , , (
- 2008) The investigational anticonvulsant lacosamide selectively enhances slow inactivation of voltage-gated sodium channels. Mol Pharmacol 73(1):157–169. , , , . (
- 2009) Adjunctive lacosamide for partial-onset seizures: efficacy and safety results from a randomized controlled trial. Epilepsia 50:443–453. , , , , , , . (
- 2009) Clinical perspectives on lacosamide. Epilepsy Curr 9(1):1–9. , . (
- 2004) Bioequivalence of short-time infusions compared to oral administration of lacosamide. (Abstract). Epilepsia 45:123. , , , , . (
- 2007) Lacosamide, a novel anti-convulsant drug, shows efficacy with a wide safety margin in rodent models for epilepsy. Epilepsy Res 74(2-3):147–154. , , , , , , , . (
- 1999) New formulations of drugs in epilepsy. Expert Opin Pharmacother 1:49–60. , . (