CRITICAL REVIEW AND INVITED COMMENTARY
New concepts in classification of the epilepsies: Entering the 21st century
Version of Record online: 2 JUN 2011
Wiley Periodicals, Inc. © 2011 International League Against Epilepsy
Volume 52, Issue 6, pages 1058–1062, June 2011
How to Cite
Berg, A. T. and Scheffer, I. E. (2011), New concepts in classification of the epilepsies: Entering the 21st century. Epilepsia, 52: 1058–1062. doi: 10.1111/j.1528-1167.2011.03101.x
- Issue online: 14 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 2 JUN 2011
- Accepted March 2, 2011; Early View publication June 2, 2011.
- 2005) A developmental and genetic classification for malformations of cortical development. Neurology 65:1873–1887. , , , , . (
- 2010) Revised terminology and concepts for organization of seizures and epilepsies: report of the ILAE Commission on Classification and Terminology, 2005–2009. Epilepsia 51:676–685. , , , , , , , , , , , , , . (
- 2001) Glossary of descriptive terminology for ictal semiology. Epilepsia 42:1212–1218. , , , , , . (
- Commission on Classification and Terminology of the International League Against Epilepsy. (1981) Proposal for revised clinical and electrographic classification of epileptic seizures. Epilepsia 22:489–501.
- Commission on Classification and Terminology of the International League Against Epilepsy. (1989) Proposal for revised classification of epilepsies and epileptic syndromes. Epilepsia 30:389–399.
- 1969a) Classification of the epilepsies: proposal for an international classification. Epilepsia 10:S14–S21. . (
- 1969b) Clinical and electrographical classification of seizures. Epilepsia 10:S2–S13. . (
- 2010) Are generalized tonic-clonic seizures really “generalized”? Epilepsy Curr 10:80–81. . (
- 2010) Absence epilepsies with widely variable onset are a key feature of familial GLUT1 deficiency. Neurology 75:432–440. , , , , . (
- 2010) The underlying etiology of infantile spasms (West syndrome): information from the United Kingdom Infantile Spasms Study (UKISS) on contemporary causes and their classification. Epilepsia 51:2168–2174. , , , , , , , , . (
- 2009) Early-onset absence epilepsy caused by mutations in the glucose transporter GLUT1. Ann Neurol 66:415–419. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . (
- 2010) Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy: is it an idiopathic epilepsy caused by a malformation of cortical development? Epilepsy Curr 10:69–71. . (
- 2011) Genotype-phenotype associations in SCN1A-related epilepsies. Neurology 76:594–600. , , , , , . (