Author’s note: This paper is based primarily on research conducted by the author as a Fulbright Scholar in Kenya in 2005–2006. The U.S. Department of State, the Council for International Exchange of Scholars, and United States International University in Nairobi are gratefully acknowledged for their support. The assistance of Mark Gaya, Patrick Kamau, Norah Kiereri, and Naima Koriow was greatly appreciated. The author also would like to thank Frank Holmquist, Alamin Mazrui, Bob Press, Tom Wolf, colleagues at UNC Charlotte, and anonymous reviewers for comments on early drafts. Any errors are my own.
Reluctant Partners: Fighting Terrorism and Promoting Democracy in Kenya
Article first published online: 20 JUL 2008
© 2008 International Studies Association
International Studies Perspectives
Volume 9, Issue 3, pages 254–271, August 2008
How to Cite
Whitaker, B. E. (2008), Reluctant Partners: Fighting Terrorism and Promoting Democracy in Kenya. International Studies Perspectives, 9: 254–271. doi: 10.1111/j.1528-3585.2008.00332.x
- Issue published online: 20 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 20 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!