This project was supported by Grant No. P60 AA007611-20 from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. The contents of this report are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official view of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism or NIH.
Development and Pilot Validation of Computer-Assisted Self-Infusion of Ethanol (CASE): A New Method to Study Alcohol Self-Administration in Humans
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the Research Society on Alcoholism
Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research
Volume 32, Issue 7, pages 1321–1328, July 2008
How to Cite
Zimmermann, U. S., Mick, I., Vitvitskyi, V., Plawecki, M. H., Mann, K. F. and O’Connor, S. (2008), Development and Pilot Validation of Computer-Assisted Self-Infusion of Ethanol (CASE): A New Method to Study Alcohol Self-Administration in Humans. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 32: 1321–1328. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-0277.2008.00700.x
Present address: Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus (USZ, IM), Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany.
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received for publication January 19, 2008; accepted March 28, 2008.
This article has been cited by:
- 1A family history of Type 1 alcoholism differentiates alcohol consumption in high cortisol responders to stress, Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, 2015, 130, 59, , ,
- 4Effects of Varenicline on Neural Correlates of Alcohol Salience in Heavy Drinkers, International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, 2015, pyv068, , , , , , , , , ,
- 6Acute effects of alcohol on brain perfusion monitored with arterial spin labeling magnetic resonance imaging in young adults, Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 2014, 34, 3, 472, , , , , , , ,
- 7Alcohol-Induced Impairment of Inhibitory Control Is Linked to Attenuated Brain Responses in Right Fronto-Temporal Cortex, Biological Psychiatry, 2014, 76, 9, 698, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 8Intravenous alcohol self-administration in the P rat, Alcohol, 2014, 48, 5, 419, , ,
- 9Stimulant and motivational effects of alcohol: Lessons from rodent and primate models, Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, 2014, 122, 37, , ,
- 11Translational Neuroimaging, 2013,, , , ,
- 12Translational research in addiction: Toward a framework for the development of novel therapeutics, Biochemical Pharmacology, 2011, 81, 12, 1388,
- 14Ethical Considerations for Administering Alcohol or Alcohol Cues to Treatment-Seeking Alcoholics in a Research Setting: Can the Benefits to Society Outweigh the Risks to the Individual?, Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 2009, 33, 9, , , , , , ,
- 15Offspring of parents with an alcohol use disorder prefer higher levels of brain alcohol exposure in experiments involving computer-assisted self-infusion of ethanol (CASE), Psychopharmacology, 2009, 202, 4, 689, , , , , , ,